20: Let Me In

"Congratulations, you have a healthy baby boy."

Another Monster has been brought into the world. The newborn crying while his mother is putting him closer to her, slowly making the new born sleepy.

"What would like to name the little one?"

"Zion...Zion is perfect..."

A few years later, Zion was playing with older brother, Acheros. They were playing ring toss outside their home, they weren't the only ones there and other monsters were playing with them. Most of them are Archeros' friends and their siblings. Acheros was a proud monster, who shows off his skills, he's also very sociable and can make a lot of friends. Zion on the other hand is the opposite, shy and only has few friends but he's also skilled like his older brother, since they're both trained by their parents at the same time.

A few years after The Great War, Leaders were required to make sure each tribe will do well after their reign. In order to do so, they need to choose who their next Leader will be. Different voting systems were used. The other 3 tribes have chosen their leaders, but the Monsters are still in selection. Zion and Acheros are part of the selection along with other monsters. Days passed and 5 were left, all were skilled and disciplined but they can't choose who is right for the place. They asked the other tribes and made the decision to let the 5 candidates combat each other to see who the last one standing is. In the end, Acheros was the one who emerged victorious. During Acheros' first days of being the tribe leader was calm. He didn't talk to anyone other than his friends and showing off how great he is to be a leader. He never went to the meetings with the other tribe leaders nor gave much attention to any of the other monster's requests.

The other leaders have asked him to come to the meetings but he refused, saying that he can handle things himself. The other leaders asked the other Monsters, but they said that he's doing well, but they weren't sure because the monsters looked doubtful. They decided to visit the Monster territory a few days after to see if he really is doing his job. They saw that he did help his fellow monsters, but not in a way that is helping them a lot. They decided to talk to Acheros about this and Acheros said that he can handle his territory and made the mistake of saying that he can handle the entire land of Furroko if he can. His pride got the best of him, making him lose his place as leader. The Monsters settled with Zion to be the leader and they saw a lot of big changes.

Acheros was deeply disappointed by the news and begged them to give them another chance, the other leaders let the Monsters decide. The Monsters refused Acheros' begging and agreed to let Zion be the leader. Acheros was left with only himself, his friends didn't talk to him often. His parents were comforting him, but it's not enough to get him back on his feet. Zion saw how much he wanted to have this opportunity, and he promised himself that he'll be his Successor to make him happy again, so he ruled Furroko alongside the other leaders keeping his promise in mind. While Zion was doing that, Acheros was in his room, doing nothing else other than stare outside and talked to himself.

One day, something happened in Acheros' room that changed who he was as a person forever. While Acheros was in his room, eating and playing the breakfast given to him, He saw some faint black fog coming from outside his window and after a while, he was getting dizzy and became unconscious. He opened his eyes to see nothing but a dark forest, along with a figure floating around the area. He then felt chills down his spine, along with a voice saying.

"He-HE-HeLLo T-TT-ThEre..." A voice greeted.

"Who are you!? Get me out of here!" Acheros exclaimed.

"Ahem...." The voice cleared its throat.

What came from the black fog was himself, but in a way that makes him look different from his normal self. He walked up to Acheros, who wasn't able to move a muscle. He went up to him with a devilish grin and whispered in his ear.