7: 'A Trip through Memory Lane' as they say

After yesterday where everyone has gone home and the Primordial Crystals went back to Furroko, Alice and Adrion faced their parents the next day. The parents know their children when they're silent and not going anywhere.

"Mom....Dad..." Alice asked.

"Yes dear?" Elizabeth replied.

"If you came from Furroko and we're born here...What was life like there when you and dad were kids there?" Alice asked looking up at her parents.

Elizabeth and Ethan looked at each other and at their children, they can see Adrion trying to look calm. They know that Adrion is worried if he tries to hide it, especially if it's about his sister.

"How about we have some dinner first, and we'll talk about it there." Ethan said, guiding Alice and Adrion to the dinner table.

After a while they got ready for dinner and as they were enjoying their meal that was simple yet delicious, Ethan and Elizabeth started to tell their past. They've never really put in a lot of detail when telling their kids before but now they think it's the right time to give the whole story.

"When I was little, I had a normal life with a normal family, but things were never the same after The Great War ended..." Elizabeth started.

Elizabeth was only 5 years old and her father has always been out, so she was always with her mother. The reason why her father was always out is because he was part of the military force, helping the restoration of Furroko after the war. When it was time for the division of the tribes, couples have to agree where they want to stay, considering two species are together. This is where problems start to arise for her family. Her parents constantly have fights on where they're going to stay, it wasn't much of a problem for most couples, but her parents prioritized this because they believe it will affect how Elizabeth will grow up in the future. Elizabeth is a hybrid, her mother is a human and her father is monster. Her father said being in monster territory can help her be stronger, her mother debated roaming among humans will avoid her from becoming a Wilder. This conversation got toxic as time goes on until the topic was gone and it got physical. She never knew what happened to her mother days after things got worse because she was always locked in her room. The last time she saw her mother is when her father raped her in front of her dead mother. Elizabeth managed to escape the day after what she's been through, going through the forest and seeking shelter there. She was found weeks after by a group of monsters who were hunting for food. They took her in and took care of her until she grew up. She was trained to defend herself until she was a strong candidate for Aiden, the Primordial Crystal of Hybrids. After she was announced as the next Hybrid leader, she found out that her father became a Wilder and was taken away outside Furroko's boundary. She also married the Top Commander of the Monsters, who was Ethan, the son of the family who took care of her.

After Elizabeth finished her backstory, the two children were amazed and were sorry for what she's gone through. Elizabeth said that it's alright and that she's grateful to be with Ethan because his family saved her. They also asked about their dad's life before he met their mother. So, he explained his after a sip of tea.

"I was an only child and we can say that I was a military kid before. I had to help in the military effort when the Great War was happening." Ethan started.

"What did you do?" Adrion asked.

"I helped in giving the injured soldiers their medical aid." Ethan responded, continuing his story.

Ethan was an only child of a monster family. He was planned to enter the military force for monsters and defend their homeland from any threat. He started his training early and even helped during actual war efforts. He didn't deny his life plans because he was always surrounded by his kind. Even with all of the Monsters around him, he was also curious about what's outside the barrier of his territory and what could happen. He has always wanted to see what other creatures look like, Humans, Apparitions, Hybrids, he wanted to see how they interact with him. That curiosity of his was fulfilled when Elizabeth came into his life. He was responsible to take care of her and train her when they first took her in. They trained together and Ethan made sure that she's safe, making him overprotective, even when it comes to his parents. When both of them became the leaders of Furroko, they became closer to each other until they fell in love and got married. Marriage in Furroko is a very special occasion and all are invited. After their marriage, they continued to rule the land alongside his wife and his friends who became leaders.