2: Something's Not Right

It was the first day of school for Silver Leaf University, and the school has a lot of new students this year. Students from different schools who have always wanted to enroll here now have a chance to do so. All the students entered the school and tried to find their classes, after that the students were asked to go to the gymnasium beside the school for their welcome ceremony. After the ceremony, it was lunch time.

Alistair was walking around the school, following the other students to find the cafeteria. As he entered the cafeteria and bought his lunch, he knew that it's going to be difficult to find people.

"That's so much people..." Alistair thought to himself as he walked through the crowds of people.

As he was walking around and saw someone waving their hands. He looked around but realized he was being called. He took a good look while walking towards them and saw it was Adrion shouting out his name while Alice was standing up and waving her hand around.

"Hey Alistair! You can seat here!" Adrion exclaimed.

"Th-Thanks..." Alistair said as he arrived to their table and sat down.

"Where's the one with the glasses?" Alistair asked.

"He went to get lunch over there." Alice replied, pointing to a food stall.

They started eating together. Francis came later and they continued their conversations. It was only some small talk, since they've only known each other for a while. After lunch, their first classes started. Francis and Alice are in the same class. Adrion and Alistair are in different classes. After classes were done, the students were given free time since it's the first day.

"We have free time!" Alice said skipping out the classroom with Francis.

"I would've stayed in a little longer to be honest" Francis said.

"It's always good to have a break." Alice replied standing in front of Francis smiling, making him blush.

"H-How about we go look for the others?" Francis asked looking away.

The two went out and waited for Adrion and Alistair, finding them talking by the school gates.

"Oh...There you guys are..." Alistair said waving.

"Did we miss anything?" Francis asked.

"Nothing much..." Adrion said carrying Alice bag for her.

After a while, they decided to seat together under one of the big trees by the school. They talked about school and other things about themselves. While talking, Alistair noticed something glowing from different directions like last time, but he again didn't give any attention to it, besides the others don't really give attention to it either. It kept coming back to his mind and decided to tell the others.

"Umm...You guys noticed the glowing , right?" Alistair said, catching the other's attention and pointing to the sources of the glowing.

"Yeah, but I didn't feel like it's necessary." Adrion said showing his watch, with a glowing gem in the middle.

"It might just be the sunlight, see?" Alice said removing her necklace with a glowing gem arrangement.

"Well...I don't think it's the light from the sun..." Francis said pointing to his bag with a glowing charm.

"How about you Alistair? What item do you have that's glowing?" Francis asked.

"This pen..." Alistair said,  picking it up from his journal.

They all took out their glowing things and laid them on the ground. All of a sudden, the glowing got stronger. When Francis took his, the glowing became weaker. The glowing faded completely as they took their things away from each other.

"I don't think this is normal...Something's wrong..." Francis said with suspicion.

"What do you think it could be?" Alice asked.

"Maybe we'll find out when we let it glow." Adrion said.

"Best not to try it here..." AListair said.

"We'll have to find out, but for now we should keep them away from each other." Francis said.

They put away their glowing gemstones and continued to talk about their day. The thought of what can happen to the glowing gemstones stayed in the back of their minds and without all of them knowing, they'll need to know why this is happening before something bad happens to them. This continued until the school day ended.

"We'll see you guys tomorrow!" Alice said, before she and Adrion left.

"Bye! I'll see you too tomorrow." Francis said, him and Alistair waving their goodbyes.

Alistair took his bike and biked back home. As all of them went back home, they didn't share it to anyone but they all were curious as to why certain items that they possess are glowing. It was near bedtime and all them got ready for bed, and after that went to bed and let slumber take them to let the night pass by, the stars shining up above and give light to the world even in the dark.