14: Furroko's Abandoned

Once they went home, they all slept the whole day. It was Thursday in the calendar, and since they are given 3 days, their rest days start on Friday until Sunday. It was Friday, and the successors decided not to come to school since they're still a bit tired from the training they had from Wednesday afternoon until the dawn of Thursday, making them sleep the whole day.

After their rest days, they are called back to Furroko after classes. Their trainings will be revised since they go to school, on the week days they only have the whole afternoon and during the week ends, they train for the whole day. Their first assignment is learning more about Furroko. As tradition for tribe leaders, they should know a lot about their land, from the tribes to the law. They'll not only read books, they'll also be interacting with the creatures around. Since the only have half of the day left, they will be going around Furroko to know the layout and different landmarks of the different territories.

"Today, young ones...We will be going around Furroko, and the first territory we'll be going to is the human territory." Owen explained.

"Since the tribe's territories is similar to a town or a separate country, we might have to use 2 whole afternoons to clear one tribe." Aiden explained.

"Are you ready for your first tribe walk?" Zion asked.

The Successors nodded and as their parents are left in the meeting room to do their job, the Crystals will be with them today. They entered the Human Territory and got ready for their walk. Walking through the human territory once again and being more observant of your surroundings, makes you see that there are some things that are hidden from plain sight if you don't look into it.

"There are some creatures hiding in the alleyways and within the forest..." Alistair said, pointing them out.

"Oh...well....Ummm..." Florence said nervously.

"Wait..." Alice said, going up to one of them who's peeking out of the alleyway.

"Hello there..." Alice greeted softly, trying to not scare it away.

"Umm...Young Mistress, we need to-"

"Let her handle this..." Florence was cut off by Owen, knowing that this will give them knowledge about Furroko's secrets.

"H-Hello....Are you...A H-Hybrid...?" The child said backing away for his safety.

"Mhm...Don't worry, I won't hurt you" Alice said softly with a caring smile.

"O-Oh...Mmmm..." The child replied, holding his stomach.

"Have you eaten yet?" Alice asked softly.

"N-No...I haven't eaten for a long time..."

"Where are your parents?" Alice asked.

"They died a long time ago, and I don't know where to go...None of the people here didn't want to take me in..."

"Oh, I'm so sorry...How about I get you something to eat?" Alice said, offering her hand.

Alice went away with the child, the others following her. She bought a bunch of fruits and simple meals for the child and gave it to him. While she's doing so, the Crystal's felt really guilty and the other Successors feeling bad for the other humans and creatures who are like the child.

"Here you go, two bags full of food and water..." Alice said, giving the child the bags.

"A-Are you sure it's okay for me to take it?" The child asked, feeling guilty.

"It's okay, I bought a lot because I saw you also have some company there." Alice said smiling at the child.

Suddenly the child started crying and hugging Alice, with Alice hugging back and tearing up. The other Humans noticed what happened and looked at the scene. Some of them recognized the children, some coming up and whispering to each other.