17: Loyalty to the Mistress

It's a new day after the declaration that Alistair made. Today, they're going to be going to be visiting the Hybrid's territory. What's special in this specific part of Furroko is that they are very loyal of their ruler, which is mandated to be a woman. They call their leader as "Mistress" as a way of formality to introduce and converse with. Whenever the previous leader of the Hybrids passed their reign, they are still considered an important figure of their territory since the leader had experience and when the Successor of the leader will be announced, they are going to be addressing her as the "Young Mistress". The Successors came by for their visit of the Hybrid's part of Furroko. Some of their parents are not present because they are busy on their jobs in the other world.

"Today, we'll be going to the Hybrids' territory...This will be a new experience for the Young Mistress, since you are the successor to your mother." Aiden said, gesturing to Alice.

"How about we get started, shall we?" Zion said, the successors nodding and they went on their way.

They went on their way and arrived at their destination. As they took their few steps after exiting the gate, most of the creatures stared at them confused. This continued on until they started making their way to explore the Hybrid territory, where the people bowed down and greeted.

"Good Day, Young Mistress."

The Crystals looked behind them and saw Adrion, Alistair, and Francis looking around confused and Alice looking embarrassed at the attention. The Crystals know that Alice will have to get used to the way of formality, so they accompanied them by their side and continued on their way.

"Let's continue our walk, young ones. I assure you Young Mistress, you will be used to the formality of your people." Owen said, as they continued to walk.

They continued their way and made it to the sanctuary where a variety of plant species are present. Common, rare, harvested within the land or imported from other lands,  are preserved to make sure there is supply if needed. The sanctuary was filled with all kinds of plants and flora, making it look like a garden of wonder. Fortunately, there are paths, and separations between the people and plants to avoid any harm to the plants and the people.

"This is amazing..." Adrion said in awe.

"From the plants we have here to the ones from other far lands, they're preserved and always monitored...But not all species are present." Aiden said, grabbing a book.

The thick book placed on a protected shelf just beside the entrance of the sanctuary is a record of all plants present inside. With their pictures showed first and below are their descriptions containing place of common origin, maintenance routine and other pieces of information such as their first appearance, their extinction level and other facts that can be useful.

"This is all the names of the plants, along with information about each one." Aiden said, pointing on the different plants.

After their trip around the sanctuary, they were given a chance to touch some of them and after that, they continued on their way. Once again, hearing whispers and formal greetings from those around them. They are now in front of the Mansion. This mansion is considered a museum of the different special hybrids species and the house of the Mistress. They are guarded by flying hybrids at the entrance. They went to one of 3 entrances, specifically the one in the middle.

"I would like you three to stop there, only The Crystals, the Mistress and her Successor are allowed...Not unless you're given permission to enter by the Mistress or the Successor herself." One of the guards said, opening his wings.

Aiden brought Alice in front of the guards. As the guards bow down to give their greetings, Aiden whispered to her ear.

"Just tell them you give the permission, and we can all go inside, okay?" Aiden said, as Alice nodded and took a deep breath.