3: Where it Came From

A few days after what they saw, Francis wanted to know how and why was it glowing. He looked at the charm of his bag and asked himself. He wanted to know what's behind the glowing, but he needed to look into it more. He couldn't just get it from the others, they'll kill him. Asking them can be a good option, but they might not lend them to him. He hasn't really tried asking them, but considering that the others have a connection to those things they have, he knows for a fact that they are important to them.

"But how am I going to know why this happens...?" Francis said, pacing around the room.

"I guess tomorrow can be a chance to ask them." Francis stopped his pacing and went to bed.

The following day was normal, it has already been 2 weeks after meeting Adrion, Alice and Alistair. He also wondered why all their names start with an 'A' but he didn't really think much of it. Break time crept around the corner and the four met outside the cafeteria, near the school's garden.

"So...I wanted to ask you about something..." Francis said calmly.

Silence.

"Okay, so I need to see something..." Francis continued.

Silence.

"I would need to borrow some things." Francis finished his statement.

"What things...?" Alistair asked.

"The ones that we saw glowing before." Francis replied.

"Oh...I don't think so..." Alice replied.

"Not gonna let you have this, sorry." Adrion replied.

"Sorry..." Alistair replied, shaking his head.

"I knew you guys were going to say that..." Francis said chuckling.

"What are you going to with them anyway?" Adrion asked.

"I was planning to trying to see why these specific things we own glow." Francis replied.

"Hmmm...." Francis said, trying to think.

"How about we come to your house overnight so we can also look into it?" Alice suggested.

"That's a good idea." Francis thought about it.

Francis thought it would be good, so he can have some assistance, even though he likes working alone. Though he works alone most of the time, it can be a change of pace to have some company to help him.

"Is it okay for you guys?" Francis asked.

"So...sleepover...?" Alistair asked.

Francis nodded and after a while, everyone agreed and planned to do it in the weekend. Everyone went home and waited for the day of their sleepover. The school days were done and it was now the weekend. Everyone is getting ready to go. They exchanged numbers beforehand so they can talk and know where to meet and go to Francis' house.

"Why do you think these things our parents gave us related to something we don't know?" Adrion asked as they drove to Francis' house.

"I don't really see anything glowing from other people, so I feel like we have some kind of connection with each other." Alice replied.

A few minutes have past, and Francis is getting everything ready for his 'experiments' and all he needs to do is wait for his friends.... 'Friends'....that word is something that Francis has never said in a while. He has always labeled himself as a 'loner' and he never really had long-term friends, he was really happy when he met the others. From outside, he saw a car parking and a bike beside it. The siblings came out and he heard knocking on the door, Francis snapped out of his thoughts after a while and went down to open the door. It's a good thing he's mom was out and allowed to have friends over. He opened the door to see all three of them outside, waiting for him.

"Took you a while, something happened inside?" Adrion asked.

"It was nothing, come in." Francis replied letting them in.

They all went inside and was lead to Francis' room. His room was similar to a laboratory. His room was really big, considering he's an only child. He has a lot of desks with different tools like microscopes, test tube racks, a chemistry set and other machinery that was mostly used for experiments. Beside that side of his room is where his bed is placed. Also there is his closet and a mini library full of books.

"Your room is...So big..." Alistair said looking around.

"I would advise you not to touch anything, because I have been doing some things." Francis said looking into his bookshelf.

The others sat on his bed and bean bag chairs as Francis took a book and brought it to them. It looks like a very old book, the pages inside are crumpled and some are even ripped. The book is entitled 'Furroko: The Land of Division' and in the middle has 4 diamonds with different colors forming into a 4 pointed star.

"This is an old book that I found yesterday, and I think it has something to do with the gems we have." Francis said flipping through the pages.

On the book showed a pictures of gems along with the note that said: 

'Crystallites: glowing gems that are owned by the rulers of Furroko. These gems were passed from generations of rulers. The Crystallites are kept by the previous rulers until they find their successors.'

"So, does it mean that these 'Crystallites' that we have are the ones that are in this book?" Alice asked.

"I would assume yes, but I need to make sure by borrowing all of your belongings for a while." Francis said putting the book down.

All of them took out their belongings and putting them next to the book on the floor in the middle of his room. Adrion's watch. Alice's necklace. Alistair's pen. And Francis' charm. They looked at the picture in the book and the ones they have. Something that is very noticeable is that their belongings are glowing again. Francis took note of this while they observe what's happening. After a while, the glowing is becoming stronger overtime and something is starting to form. Everyone got back a little, and when they saw that something is coming out from each of the gems, they went to the edge of the room and watched the gems float up and form a portal, they waited until nothing else is happening. After the portal has been formed, they slowly went to it while keeping their distance from it.

"Is that...Furroko?"