4: Welcome Back...

Furroko... A parallel world where more than one species lived in one environment. A world full of Monsters, Hybrids, Humans, and Apparitions. Ruled by four tribe leaders who have passed down their power to their worthy chosen successors. Their label of power is represented by their Crystallites, glowing gems that were found by the Primordial Crystals and passed on to the first successors of Furroko. Before, the world was a calm place where they all lived in peace. Until The Great War begun. The blood of the different tribes, spilled on the battleground. This event in Furroko's history has been the darkest and is commemorated by an annual celebration, not only as a reminder for all tribes but also as a celebration of peace.

Now, Furroko is living a normal life, except something's missing. Their leaders. The Leaders have found a way to another world, a world where humans are the only species exist alongside different creatures. The leaders ever since, lived a simple life of being only human, hiding their unusual attributes. Years later, the leaders had their children, the heir to their power. Even if they don't know about their fate, they are destined to know in the right time....except, it didn't go quite as expected.

"Is that...Furroko?"

The portal shows the environment of Furroko, it's just like the world they live in, but the difference is the atmosphere is a mix of different timelines in one setting. They can see the overview of the world. Four divisions and one building in the middle. After that, it shows the inside of a building.

"Should we...Go in?" Alistair asked going near the portal.

"It's not safe for us to go in there, we don't know if we'll be stuck in there." Francis said stopping him.

Suddenly, someone came inside the house, footsteps going up the stairs as if in a rush and entering Francis' room. The sounds that the portal brought was heard until the outside of the house, causing a bit of suspicion by those passing by.

"What is happening here?"

"Mom! Dad! You're here! Uhhh...I can explain..." Francis said going up to his parents.

"Separate the Crystallites. Now!" His father exclaimed as Francis and the others took the 4 gems, causing the portal to close immediately.

Silence filled the room as the 4 young adults stood there, waiting for what will happen to them. They didn't how they knew what Crystallites are and the portal. All of them knew it's dangerous so they waited for what Francis' parents will have to say.

"Did you know that you could've got hurt? You don't know what could've gone out there!"

"We know...but we were curious. These gems were glowing!" Francis explained, all of them showing the gems together and glowing.

"Who owns the other gems?" The father asked, looking at the other three.

"Those are our things sir..." Alistair said.

"Does that mean...You're...The other Successors?" The mother asked.

Everyone looked at each other in confusion. What do they mean by successors? They kept looking at each other, the gems, and the parents, trying to figure out what was going on. The parents decided to explain everything. They took them downstairs to the living and sat down on the couch, the parents sat on the other side and the Father told the story.

"Furroko is a parallel world, like you predicted...but there's more to what you have learned. There are 4 tribes that live there: Humans, simple living creatures like us. Hybrids, Humans who had the mix of Monster DNA. Monsters, Either Humans who were overpowered by their monster blood or born Monster. Finally, Apparitions, creatures who have died but were given a chance to live an afterlife, some are even born like that through myths and stories in this world."

"This world is ruled by the Tribe Leaders, the ones chosen to rule the whole land alongside each other. The first Tribe Leaders were the Primordial Crystals and their first Successors were chosen by them, the very first holders of the Crystallites or the gems you have. These gems are found within the Cave of Zion and are refined to be a label of power for the leaders, a sign of peace and unity to all 4 tribes. For each Generation of Successors, the present Leaders personally choose their successor who is worthy of their power."

"There is more that you need to know about this other world, but that information is best explained to you by the Primordial Crystals."

"How do the past leaders choose their successors anyway if I may ask? And why are we the ones who were chosen?" Adrion asked.

"Most of the time, they are the children of the leaders which makes it easier. Considering that child and parent have a much closer relation, it'll be much more convenient whether or not the parents decide to make their child their Successor and if the child agrees. In other cases, they are the apprentice of the leaders. This is done by willing creatures to be their apprentice or they choose one themselves. A Leader can have many apprentices as being under a Leader's supervision is like a scholarship. Of course, these apprentices will be tested and only one will remain, making the process take longer."

"So you are actually from this other world?" Alice asked, the parents nodding.

"If that's the case...Why did you come and stay here in this world we're in than stay there?" Alice asked

"One day, we discovered the portal to this world and we decided to see if this world has any threats. We were hesitant to go but we went in, and a few years later, we separated and lived our own lives, having the thought of Furroko in the back of our minds."

"Why don't you come back there? Isn't that where you live after all?" Alistair asked.

"We planned to go here to find our successors until we had Francis, I guess it's the same with your parents too. We haven't seen the other tribe leaders ever since we separated to find our Successors. I'm sure your parents won't be going back to Furroko either since they're not sure if you'll be the Successor they planned."

"Then, if we are the Successors, when are we ready to go there?" Francis asked.

"When the time is right, for now we beg you not to try and go there. You still need to train and prepare yourselves, and you also need to focus on your studies."

Francis' parents stood up and asked the others to go home since it's getting late, they agreed and the others packed their stuff and went off their way. During the night, the four friends can't sleep. They never knew that they would someday be leaders of a parallel world. They want to know more about the other world and find out more. In the other world, The Primordial Crystals held a meeting.

"Our leaders haven't come back in years."

"Finding a successor worthy of ruling this land is a task that shouldn't be rushed."

"I agree, it took us almost a decade to find ours."

"I just hope they return to our land with a good message of no threats from the other world and their worthy successors."

"What if we visit our leaders to see how they're living in the other side of the portal?"

"It's not going to be a good idea if all of us go, no one will look over this world."

"Since there are only four of us, two of us can stay here, and the other two will go there."

The Crystals all agreed and got ready to go to the other side, Hoping to find them and bring them back with their Successors.