Part 56- Thinking Out Loud

The week went by quickly, too quickly. Before I knew it, it was time to go back home and wait for who knows how long until Tom  came back. The last night Haz and I were still with Tom, Tom's manager organized a trip to the nearby town for us to go to dinner.  At dinner I sat next to Tom in a booth and Harrison across from us. The waitress took our drink order and walked away. Once we figured out what we were going to eat we started talking about how well Tom was doing and he was telling us about how hard this movie was for him. The waitress brought us our drinks and asked if we were ready to order our food. Tom nodded and proceeded to order a steak. Haz and I also ordered a steak as well. We continued chatting about how Harrison and Tom were almost old enough to move out and start drinking. "Yea I'd love to have my own place, maybe a few roommates you know" Tom says. "But then you wouldn't live next door" I tell him frowning. "Yea well you could come live with me" he says not thinking that I'm two and a half years younger. "Uh Tom" I begin to respond. "Oh yea, well you'd be over all the time anyway, it would be like you're living there" he placed his hand on my thigh and smiled at me. As we kept talking about the dream apartment for Harrison and Tom- because they decided to move into one together- Tom kept his hand on my thigh, almost reassuring me that I would be there constantly and as soon as I was 18 that I would move in with him. "And we'll get a dog and everyone can be all together it would be great!" Tom exclaimed.

Maybe I could surprise Tom with a dog once he got back, I'm sure he'd love that. His hand was inching further up my thigh, that side of my dress being pulled up with it. I look over at him with my eyebrow up but it only encouraged him to move up further. I lean over to whisper to him, Harrison's confused face in my view. "we're at a restaurant!" I whisper to him. "what I'm just resting my hand here" he says smirking and as I lean back over to my spot he winks at me. I roll my eyes at him and put food arrives. Tom removes his hand from my thigh to grab his plate and I pull my dress back down. We ate our dinner and we're about to leave when our waitress comes back to our table. "Mr. Holland you're special request awaits, please follow me" she says as Tom grabs my arm to lock into his. Harrison stays behind as if he's been instructed to do so. We exit to the back of the restaurant where this beautiful white gazebo sits. Tom brings me to the center of the gazebo. "Nova I love you so much" he says in my ear. "I love you too" I say curious as to where this is going. Tom walks over the railing of the gazebo and grabs a remote. He presses a button and "Thinking Our Loud" by Ed Sheehan begins to play. He walks back over to me and holds out his hand for me to grab. "Will you dance with me" he asks me with a giant smile. I grab his hand and he pulls me close to him. I rest my head on his shoulder and we danced. "And darling I will be loving you til we're 70" Tom sings to me quietly.

"And darling I will be loving you til we're 70...and darling I will be loving you til we're 70...I will be loving you till we're 70... loving you till we're 70...70.." like a broken record player playing over and over. I jolt out of my sleep. Breathing heavily, I try to catch my breath. I reach over to grab my phone. "3:22 AM Saturday, June 28, 2019" it reads. 5 years later my dreams still haunt me, June 28, 2014 was the date when we danced under that gazebo. Just like the music was fading away so was the white gazebo and Tom. I hated that dream. For the last 2 years, ever since we've been apart, I get that same dream on the same day. I wish I could avoid it but my subconscious mind wants to punish me. To this day I can't listen to that song without crying. I actually try to avoid it as much as possible- I will even leave stores if it comes on. I get out of bed and walk to the kitchen of my apartment. I grab a glass out of the cabinet and fill it with water. I've been living here for three weeks now and Harrison is supposed to leave in two days to go back to London. Couple things I've learned about living in Texas. 1. The rent here is much cheaper than a lot of places, that's why I moved to Texas. 2. Everyone talks differently here, they say y'all and they don't use g when the word has -ing at the end. At least 5 guys have already called me darlin'. 3. It's hot all the time. I've settled in nicely. There aren't that many reminders of Tom here, only my dreams that haunt me. I start my new job at the local college tomorrow, I help college kids with writing essays and such. Not the job I wanted but it gets me started somewhere. I look at Harrison, who's been sleeping on my sofa bed for the last three weeks. Dead asleep. I walk back to my bedroom and crawl into bed. I pick up my phone and get on Instagram. Of course the day that I wake up with my Tom nightmares is the day that he decides to post something. Another reminder. He's actually been posting a lot recently with the release of Spiderman Far From Home. "Ugh he looks so good in that freaking maroon suit" I tell myself. I'm surprised they didn't show up together. My mind is racing if they're still together or not-of course they are-why wouldn't they.