Part 23- The truth is out

My heart was clenching. I was about to tell my brother and my boyfriend's brothers that Tom and I were dating. Who knew how they were going to react. My heart was beating one hundred and twenty beats a minute. As we get ready to go on the ride, I see Tom start to have a worried look on his face. "Afraid of the ride" I ask him implying that I wasn't talking about the ride. "Yea" he said. His brother's and Haz started teasing him about being afraid but I knew what he was really scared of. He leaned over and whispered in my ear, "What if they get mad" he asked me. "We'll deal with it then I guess" I whispered back. We get on the ride and I sit next to Haz. Tom sits next to Sam and Harry and Paddy sit together. The ride starts going and it starts climbing the hill. I look over at Harrison who seems to be excited about the part thats about to come. I was a steep hill, as we were close to the top I see Tom look back from the seat in front of me and smile. He turned back around and soon we were hanging at the top, just waiting for the ride to drop. "I have something to tell you" I told Harrison before we dropped. My heart was already racing as it was, the fact that I'd be telling my brother about my boyfriend that's also his best friend was make it race even more. The ride dropped and so did my heart. "I'm dating Tom" I yelled at Haz as we were going down. He looked at me with wide eyes, I wasn't sure if his eyes were that big because of the ride or the fact of what I just told him.

"Sorry I couldn't hear youre what" he asked. The scary part was that I'm pretty sure he heard me. "Um well I'm dating Tom, and have been for a while" I said. This time my voice was clear and the ride was getting calmer as we kept going, Haz could definitely hear me now. Haz didn't say anything. He just sat in the seat looking forward. No "wooing" or bursts of screams going through the ride, just straight silence. "Haz, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier" I said putting my hand on his. He moved his hand away. The ride pulled into the loading zone and Harrison unbuckled fast and as soon as it was unlocked he got out. Tom looked back at me, his eyebrows furrowed. I could tell he was asking me if I told him. I shook my head yes and he frowned, seeing him walk off earlier he knew it didn't go well. I got up out of my seat and ran after Haz who had gotten pretty far ahead. I finally caught up with him and I grabbed his arm. "HARRISON" I yelled. He tried to push my arm away but I kept hold of it. "NO NOVA, YOU-" was all he could get out. "IM SOR-" I realized I was still yelling, "I'm sorry, if just couldn't at the time. Tom didn't want to tell anyone and-" I said. "NOVA, IM NOT MAD AT THE FACT THAT YALL ARE DATING. THATS JUST GREAT, IM MAD THAT YOU DIDNT TELL ME" Haz said still yelling. I see Tom and his brother's running up to us now, which only made Haz want to run away.

"HARRISON JAMES OSTERFIELD YOU STAY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE" I yelled at him. He stopped dead in his tracks. I've never used his full name before, and haven't since. Tom walked up beside me. "Haz, it isn't completely her fault that we didn't tell you." Tom said. Haz didn't turn around. "I was just so scared what you were going to think, that I was dating your little sister" Tom kept talking. Harrison turned around. "How long" Haz said bluntly. "Almost a year, 11 months to be exact " Tom said. Harrison's head was facing the floor. "Look I'm sorry" Tom replied. "We didn't mean to make you so mad Haz" I told him. Tom's brothers were just quite listening to all of it, taking it all in. "To be honest Tom, I couldn't think of a better person to date my sister" Haz said. Toms face lit up and so did mine. "But that doesn't hide the fact that you kept it a secret all that time. I mean I had my suspicions, but I said, 'no Tom would tell me'." Haz said in the most disappointed voice I've ever heard. "I'm truly sorry Haz, I didn't think of everyone else's feelings when keeping it a secret" I began to say. "I didn't think about it either, I thought it'd be better to keep it a secret" Tom said. "Well it wasn't," Haz replied. "What can we do to make it up to you" I asked Harrison. "Well for starters, you can tell me things, but to make it up to me, Nova, you have to do my chores for a week and Tom you have to take me to set. Only me." Harrison said.