Part 33- Brotherly Love

When Haz and I finished our lunch we cleaned it up and decided to play a board game in my room. We got out monopoly and played it for what seemed like forever. We finally finished the game and Harrison won. He always did, he was smarter than me that way. The rest of the day, Haz rubbed it in my face that he had won. I just ignored him, but it was funny to watch him gloat. I loved his personality, not only did it make me feel more comfortable but it made everyone around him feel comfortable. Harrison was one of those people that in one sense, you don't want to disappoint them but you feel comfortable enough to tell them most everything. Soon it was dinner time and our mom had cooked chicken and rice with some steamed vegetables. It was delicious. After dinner, I helped my mom clean up and Harrison took out the trash. Our dad was telling us jokes the entire time, as he put the clean dishes away. "What did the mouse say when he ran out of crackers" dad said. "What" the rest of us said in unison. He had already told so many jokes, we didn't know what to expect now. "I had cheese but no crackers I was crack-a-lackin" he said barely getting it out from laughing so much. We all started laughing more than we had before on any joke he said. I do have to say that one was pretty funny-it may have been a corny joke but it was funny.

When we were all done I went and showered then got ready to talk to Tom. After my shower, I decided to journal until Tom texted me that he was ready to go outside. I wrote about Tom's dancing and singing and how it made me laugh the hardest I had ever laughed. I wrote that I talked to Harrison and played monopoly with him, which he won. I wrote about the awful dad jokes my dad was telling after dinner. Then I got a text from Tom telling me he was ready. I closed my journal and went outside. I met Tom by our usual spot. "My birthday's coming up, what are you gonna get me" Tom said playfully. "Oh, I have to get you something, don't I" I said just as playfully back. "Whatever you get me will be perfect" he says more seriously this time. I smiled. We talked about our day and the dance and singing performance Tom did for me earlier. We both started laughing again. Man, all the things I would do just to get Tom to laugh with me now. I wished that things could be different between us. When you found a source of happiness it's hard to let it go. I may have broken up with Tom but I never let him go. His name was engraved in my heart. Always has always will.

We continued to talk for about an hour more and then went inside and went to bed. The next day I got ready for school and both Haz and I and the Holland boys went to school together. We walked to school since it was just down the street. School went by as usual although this time, there were people walking up to me, people that I had never seen before. They started talking to me and it made me wonder what all was going on. Then I realized, it was the articles. I knew people were going to read it and spread it. The day seemed to drag on, the amount of people who wanted to "be friends" was unreal. They just wanted to be friends with me to get close to Tom. It was weird to be popular but not popular on how you'd think you become popular. I mean what many girls can say their boyfriends are movie stars and go to school with them, let alone live next door to. I met up with Tom in a less crowded hallway and told him what had been happening to me today. "You're famous love" he said smiling. The kind of smile he put on when he was trying not to laugh. "Alright Mr. Smarty pants" I said smiling widely as well.