Part 9- Glances and Games

We all talked in the room until Nikki and Dom called us in for cake. "Congrats on finishing The Impossible Tom" is what the cake said. We all got a piece of cake, Tom and I glancing over at each other when Nikki was cutting the cake. "What was going to happen from here" I thought. I didn't know if anything was going to happen, would we start dating? Would we just confess our affection and move on? I didn't know what was in store. We all celebrated Tom being back home by playing some of his favorite board games. We spent the entire day at the Holland's, which wasn't unusual but this time it felt different. The air felt hot and the tension between me and Tom was almost magnetic. It was definitely different. Sam, Harry and Haz knew something was up. They would exchange glances and whisper each other's ears. I would try and play along with it, asking them what they were talking about but they never told me. "Did Tom tell them about the other night " I thought. I look up to see Tom counting his Monopoly money and looking at me in between each dollar. I move my eyes away from him but glancing up every so often. He was still looking at me.
Haz, Harry and Sam all whispering thing to each other, exchanging glances. Soon the parents were catching on the boys whispering. "What are you guys whispering about" Dom said. "Oh we're whispering about how Tom's cheating and how we were gonna steal the money from him" Sam replied. Tom's face got real red, so he had been cheating but no one noticed, not even me. "Ughhh you caught me" tom said throwing the money.

We all started laughing at the fact that he got caught. But in the back of my head I wondered if the boys were actually whispering about something else. "Were they covering up for us? Did they even know? Was I just paranoid?" those questions fill my head. The rest of the night they didn't whisper or glance at each other. They just sat and played games. Even Tom was just sitting there. We would all talk short sentences but they tried to focus on the game. We were playing uno attack and the game was intense. Both me and Tom only had one card left and we were struggling to sit still. My turn came and the card I had could be played, I laid down the last card and shot my hands in the air. "I WIN" I said proudly. "Dang it" Tom said. We all talked for a little and went home after. I was content winning uno and beating Tom. I got ready for bed and as usual opened up my window and poked my head out. Tom opened up his window soon after. "Hey cheater" I said as he poked his head out. He laughed a little, "Hey loser" he replied. "Hey I'm a winner if you remember that last uno game mister" I said. He frowned and I laughed. He started laughing as I continued.

We talked through the night, but there was a topic that stuck out to me, I mean obviously it would. "So, last night l, I told you I liked you and you said you liked me" Tom began to say kind of stuttering. "Yea" I said shakily. "What are we going to do about that" Tom asked. "I don't know, what are we gonna do" I said not really sure where he was going with this. "Well I guess we have three options," he began to say. I shook my head and he continued. "Well we could start dating, and not keep it a secret. Or we could date and keep it a secret but who knows how long we could. Or we could do nothing and just carry on as we are." He finishes and I think about what we should do. "Well, what do you think" I asked him because I was unsure of what to do. "Well I like you and I feel a connection with you but I don't know how you feel and I don't want to force you into a relationship you don't want or regret later." he said. I smiled, he wasn't only thinking about himself he was thinking of me. "Well I would love to date you either way we did it, I guess it's up to you whether we keep it secret or not" I said confidently. He thought for a moment, I could see the gears turning in his head. "I think for now we should keep it a secret, I mean don't get me wrong I want to tell the world that you're mine but I think it's best for right now that we keep it between us. Plus it makes it fun trying to hide it." He said giggling at the end.