Part 14- Road Trip

The Holland's were going to take us in the morning so I told Tom that I had to get some sleep. "Ok Nova, well if you want I can just stay on the phone and talk to you until you fall asleep." Tom said. "Ok" I said as I got comfortable in my bed. He starts talking, naming all the things he missed about me, it was sweet. I slowly drifted off to sleep when he started talking about video games. It was harder to fall asleep after he said all those things about me because I couldn't contain my happiness but I did. I had a dream that night about seeing Tom on set and watching him go through scenes. I woke up the next morning and was ready to go. I got ready and waited for Harrison to be done before we went over to the Holland's house. Before we left we told our parents bye and walked out the door. I knocked on the door as I walked up to their house, stepping back some. Harry answered the door and let us in. "You ready to go" Nikki asked as we got into the living room. Haz and I nod our heads and we all go to pack the car. We were taking a road trip since it wasn't that far away.

We finished packing the car and we all piled in. I sat in between Haz and Paddy in the back while Sam and Harry sat next to each other in the middle and Nikki and Dom in the front, Dom driving. Paddy had a bag of toys he decided to play with and Haz got on his phone. Sam and Harry were playing go fish. We stopped at a rest stop and stretched our legs. "Only two more hours to go kiddos" Dom said. This time I sat in between hardy and Sam in the back with Haz and Paddy in the middle. We played go fish as well, pretty much the entire rest of the way to Tom. With an hour left we all decided to play truth or dare between us kids. "Nova truth or dare?" Sam asked. "Truth" I replied afraid of what the dare might be. "Is it true you like Tom" Sam asked with a toothy grin. My heart stopped and I tried to stay calm. "No, of course not, he's like a brother" I said in my calmest voice, thinking of when Tom calls me his friend. "Act just like Tom, calm, cool and collected" I said to myself. "Oh we all thought you did" Harry said. "That's funny" I said trying to cover my feelings and facial expressions as much as possible. The rest of the drive, my stomach was churning. Tom was going to freak.

We finally arrived at the set location. "We're here" Dom said in singsong. We pull up to see an old building surrounded by trees and plains. As we park we see Tom running out of the building. He had fluffy curly hair and glasses on, dressed in a weird outfit. We all step out of the car and go to hug Tom. Of course the hug we shared was different from the rest but we made it quick to avoid any questioning. As I hug him I whisper quickly near his ear. "Need to talk soon." He smiled at me, his way of subtly saying ok. Tom starts to bring us around set, introducing us to everyone that passed by. Soon the director called Tom back and we watched him film a couple scenes. I was always in awe at the sheer talent Tom had. Not only could he act but he could sing, dance, make me laugh, there wasn't much this boy couldn't do. That night we head to his trailer where he had a bed, a couch and a sleeper sofa all ready for all of us. It was crammed but somehow we all fit. As I try to go to sleep, I could feel a pair of eyes on me. I look over to see Tom staring at me. "Outside?" he worded. I nod and got up. We head outside and head towards a fire they had going earlier. It was hardly a fire anymore but it was still burning and somewhat bright. "So I think I made it to where they don't anymore but" I started to say, Tom looked at me. "Yea?" He said slowly. "I think our brother's knew or know" I responded.