Part 50- These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Everyone turns to look at me now, I can hear some whispers along with their stares. I hear some of their words, "wait her?" "Tom Holland" "slut" and it's goes on. I choose to ignore them because I'm happy with Tom and I'm no slut. We finish up at the pit and head back to our campsites to go to bed. I notice Forrest and Marlee following behind Laine who's behind me practically dragging his feet. They're talking and Marlee laughs, I smile, I wonder how long the no sharing the tent rule will go on between them. We reach our campsite and I tell the others that I'm headed to bed. Laine goes into his tent without saying a word. "Ok goodnight Nova" Forrest responds. "Goodnight" Marlee waves and I notice them both sitting outside their tents to talk some more. I crawl into my sleeping bag and fall asleep pretty quickly from the tiring day. I wake up and I can hear the birds chirping but it's still somewhat dark outside. I put on a sweatshirt and my jean shorts. I grab my journal and a blanket and I head outside. When I get outside I notice that the ground is a little wet from the morning dew and I see birds flying in between the trees and some on the ground looking for food. I walk past our tents to a big tree that's near by. I lay my blanket down and sit on it, leaning up against the tree. I start writing about this beautiful landscape that I see in front of me, the trees standing taller than some of the buildings in London, birds swooping through the trees, and the lake moving slowly down below. I start to write about the beautiful scene in front of me and before I know it the morning horn rings loudly telling everyone to wake up.

I head back to the campsite to find the rest of my group out of their tents ready to go. "There you are Nova" Forrest runs over to me, "we were looking for you" he tells me and lays one his hands on my shoulder. "Sorry I woke up early and explored a bit" I reply and we walk back to the others. "Let's go get breakfast" Forrest tells us and we walk to the pit. When we get to the pit not many campers are there yet, we find the line for breakfast which is a granola bar, some scrabbles eggs and a piece of toast. We all grab our breakfast and go sit in the same spot we did last night. We start eating and more campers come down from their campsites. "What did you find this morning" Forrest turns to face me, "oh nothing really, just some trees and some birds, I just write in a journal every morning and I found a spot to sit and do that" I told him. He shook his head "oh cool, what do you write about in your journal" he asked. "Mostly about my day and Tom" I answered trying not to blush. "Oooo" he says teasingly with one eyebrow raised. I laugh at him and we both tell each other more about ourselves before Mr. August tells us how today's gonna happen. "Alright kiddos so today you're gonna partner up with someone from your campsite" he begins and Forrest grabs my arm, "wanna be partners" he asks with that country accent of his. I shake my head yes and smile. "And you are going to write down their favorite things, such as color, movie, etc. and then you're going to write a short story, poem, whatever you like using the words they gave you" he says. "Then when you are both done with each other come back to the pit and read them to your other campsite members" he finishes. Marlee and Laine already paired up which made me feel better about pairing with Forrest. I knew Forrest had taken some kind of liking towards the blonde girl but I wondered if something happened between them when they were talking last night. I chose not to ask. "Do you want to do this by that place you told me about earlier" Forrest asks. "Sure, this way" I direct him where to go.

We reach my spot that I found earlier this morning, "wow Nova you were trying to hold out on us" he says astounded by the scenery. I laugh, "I wasn't holding out, you just didn't ask where it was" I remarked. The area is now dry and we sit down close to the same spot I did this morning. I pull out my spiral that I bought for this trip and Forrest does the same. "Ok so who do you want to go first" I ask him. "Why don't we do it at the same time so we might be able to get it done quicker" he tells me. "Ok so favorite color" I ask him first. "Blue" he tells me, I scribble that down and get ready to answer. "Green" I tell him, he writes it down, "ok Nova but I have to ask you what kind of green, I need specifics here" he says with a playful smile. "Really" I ask him with an annoyed look. "Yes, I want a detailed story" he tells me as I roll my eyes. "Forest Green" I tell him as i realize. He looks up at me and smirks. Doesn't this boy know I have a boyfriend that I'm very happy with, why is he trying to flirt with me? "Favorite movie" I say quickly trying to change the subject. "Easy, Top Gun" he says. I write that down, "ok Nova favorite movie?" "Tangled" I respond almost immediately. "Isn't that a kids movie" he asks me. "It is but who says I can't like it" I sass back at him. He laughs and we continue. "Favorite piece of clothing" he asks. "Uhh" I laugh, "what kind of question is that" I ask him. "Just answer it" he says impatiently. "My stars dress" I tell him thinking back to when Tom looked me up and down while I wore that dress. "Interesting tell me more about this dress" he says writing this down. "It's a shorter dress about knee length, and it's black with gold and silver star embellishments all over" I begin to tell him, "it's Tom's favorite thing to see me in. He says it reminds him of the supernovas in space and of me" I finish. He's staring at me so engaged in what I'm telling him. He breaks the gaze and goes to write it. "What's yours" I ask, "my cowboy boots" he responds. I chuckle, "so American of you." He laughs.

We finish asking each other these questions and we start to write our stories. Once we finish we head back to the pit and Laine and Marlee are already there. "What took you guys so long" Marlee asks. "We were just writing for what seemed like forever" I said. Marlee rolled her eyes, I guess not believing that, that's what we were doing. Something definitely happened last night and now I have to know. We sit down next to them and discuss who's going first. Laine went first and honestly I wonder if his parents signed him up for this without telling him, thinking he wanted to write because that story was one of the worst ones I had ever heard, or maybe Marlee is just boring, I have no idea. Marlee goes next and hers is quite good, she made it dark and twisty to match Laine's personality. I go next. "The blue sky back home is like any other, so clean and fresh. It truly reminds me of the mornings spent there, the way it's only the brightest blue when I am home. I can hear the Top Gun movie playing as I get dressed for the day, slipping my old cowboy boots on." I continue on with the rest and Forrest is smiling at me the entire time. "You did really good" he says as I finish. "Thank you, now your turn" I respond. He clears his throat and begins, "her eyes like no other, sweet and kind. In the shade of forest green and I've made up my mind. She's too good for anybody in this world. Tangled in her long brunette hair, he is undisturbed. Because when she has that beautiful black star dress on, she's like a newly born dawn. She shines the brightest among the other stars, so elegantly. She is Novalee" he finishes. Tears. All I can feel are tears on my face.