Part 22- Weeks in between

I still couldn't believe Tom came home for my birthday, that stinker he is. As much as I wanted him here with me I knew how much he loved acting and that's what kept me going for a while. Tom and I had already stopped talking for the night but I sat there laying in my bed, playing with my paper airplane charm I started thinking to myself. "Tom and I have been dating for an entire year in just a few weeks." I thought. That was crazy that already a year had flown by. Life was going to fast and I wanted it to slow down. Tom had only a couple more weeks of filming and then he'd be home. I started counting down the days until he could be home again. What I didn't think about until later on, was the interviews and premieres he'd be going to after he came back home. I started to wonder what it'd be like to hang out with Tom all day, following him around when he's filming or going to interviews. It sounded like so much fun but it was practically impossible at this point. I was still in school and there would be no way my parents would agree to let me just quit and do online courses before I even finished high school. Knowing this, the dream died down pretty quickly. I had a tendency to dream dreams that were more on the unpractical side of things, which I guess is why you could call them dreams.

As the weeks went by until Tom came home, the usual life for me played out. Go to school, come home, do homework, eat dinner, talk to Tom, go to bed and wake up and do it all over again. Occasionally I would roll up my window and think of Tom. I did still journal everyday too, writing a paraphrase of what happened that day, each day. Sometimes I would get enough energy to write poems about Tom or things that I saw that I thought he would like. My journal started to fill up more and more. I was excited to be able to give it to him once it was finished. Even though I never gave it to him. That one and 4 others, were never read by him simply because I never gave them to him. I regret not giving them to him and I definitely couldn't now. Maybe I could in the future if things were different but I'm not sure if they'll change. But not knowing that I would refrain from giving them to him, I kept writing each day. The weeks left until Tom came home vanished and soon I saw a car pull into the driveway with Tom inside. I watched him get out of the car from my window and waved to him when he saw me staring. I smiled as I waved. It was so nice to see his face out my window rather than on a phone screen. 

The Holland's wanted time with Tom before Haz and I saw him so they spent the rest of the night at their house. We had planned on going to an amusement park the next day to celebrate Tom being back. I texted Tom that night asking him to come to his window when he was ready. I was laying in my bed reading when I heard the window next door slide open and a very familiar voice say, "Nova" in sing song. I ran to the window happy to see his face, "you're back, and we can talk face to face for once in the last couple months." I said chuckling. He laughed. God how I missed that laugh, his laugh brightened up a whole room and made your chest feel warm. He was a very talented boy. We continued to talk and I sent to sleep extremely comfortable for the first time in months. The next morning I got ready to go to the amusement park. Our parents let us go to the park in a group by ourselves while they were in a different area of the park. We loved it because we felt as though we got to go alone. When we got to the park we split up and the kids went together while the parents went together. "Do you think we should tell them that's we're dating" Tom whispers in my ear as we wait in a line for a ride. "Who? Just the boys?" I asked. "Yea" Tom said. "I guess" I replied.