Part 39- Strumming along

We all talked about Tom's new car, "now you can drive us to school!" I said laughing. "I only have five seats and one of those are mine!" he responded chuckling. We all looked at each other wondering if we were gonna let one person not ride in the car with us for school. It was the summer so we didn't have to worry about school right away but we did have to worry about summer activities. "So who's gonna be in the trunk" Harrison asked laughing. We all started laughing too and then the laughter died off, we knew it wasn't right for someone to ride in the trunk. We knew we'd figure out something sooner or later. They finished buying Tom's car and all of us piled into his car besides Paddy. Since Dom and Nikki knew that he wouldn't fit, they made him drive with them. We all drove to the Holland's to finish our Tom's birthday celebration. Tom was a good driver, he had been practicing for a while with Dom and had already passed his drivers test and had his license. He just didn't have a car. I rode in the passenger seat while the boys rode in the back seat. Me being in the passenger seat it was my responsibility to play good music, so of course I played the summer playlist me and the boys had made the other day.

We jammed all the way home. We got inside and our gifts for Tom were waiting to be opened. We all settled in and Tom got ready to open his presents. All of us excited, we pulled out our phones to take pictures of Tom opening his presents. He grabbed Harry's first, he got him a nice watch, then it was Sam who got him a a pair of headphones and a gift card to Nandos. Then he grabbed Harrison's, both Haz and my gift to Tom were the largest in the group, but bigger doesn't always mean better. But this time bigger meant better. He opened to see the skateboard and his mouth dropped. "Oh my god thanks Haz" he said while admiring it, "it's so awesome." "No problem mate" Haz responded. Next Tom opened my parents gift to him which was things for his car, such as air fresheners and seat covers. All that fancy stuff he really didn't need but was nice to have. My gift was last, I guess he wanted to save mine for the end. He looked up at me and smiled. He started tearing the wrapping paper to see a box. He then looked at me confused, "what did you get me" he asked. I smiled and my eyes went up signing that he'd just have to wait and see. He opened the box slowly, then he saw it. He stopped opening it and turned to look at me.

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME" he excitedly said. "IS THIS FOR REAL NOVALEE" he asked me. I couldn't stop smiling, he ran over and gave me a kiss. "You are the best! I-I" he began stuttering. "Go finish opening it" I told him. He kisses my head and went over to finally get his guitar out of the box. He held it and started strumming on it slowly. He already made it sound so good. My heart melted and all I could imagine was Tom serenading me with it. As he held his guitar he smiled, not letting go of it. "Thanks everyone for the amazing gifts" he told everyone. "No problem love" Nikki responded, "Happy birthday dear." We all helped clean up and then ate cake that my mom had made for him. After we ate cake, my family left the Holland's house and went home. We all wished Tom another happy birthday before we left. When we got home I ripped off the dress and got into my pjs, feeling much more comfortable. Tom texted me and told me to open my window. I followed his order and opened my window to see him with his guitar, "Novalee thank you so much for my wonderful gift, now I'm making up this rift to show you how much I love you!" He started singing and strumming his guitar. I laughed, "you're ridiculous Thomas."