Part 34- Uno

The bell rang and it was time to go to class. Tom gave me a quick peck on my lips before he headed off to class. "See ya Nova" he said walking away. I stood there staring at my boyfriend, who was walking away, "how could I get any better" I asked myself. I walked to class after coming out of my stare. School ended and I met up with Tom and Haz, who had the same last class together. Sam and Harry joined us shortly and Paddy soon after that. We all walked home together and decided to all hang out at our house. We all got through the door and went to the kitchen to grab a snack and we went up the game room and sat on the couch. It was Friday which meant the weekend was finally here, and we didn't have to worry about it being a "school night". We all ate our snacks and pulled out the game Uno and started playing. I was pretty good at Uno and I was beating everyone so far. I had two cards in my hand and everyone else had five or more. Tom's turn came up and he laid down a draw two card, causing me to pick up two more cards unless I had a draw two card myself. I looked down at my cards. A one and a reverse. "Dang it" I thought to myself. I drew two cards and everyone was saying "ohh"s as if it made me lose. "I'm still winning losers" I playfully said. "We'll see about that Novalee" Tom said just as playfully. I glared at him and in return he gave me a wink.

Everyone was putting cards down, all of them catching up to me. I started to get myself worked up. Hiding my worry, I placed my one down, having three cards in hand. I carefully glanced up at the boys as I placed it, looking at Tom longer than anyone else. He smirked at me as Harrison placed his card down. Everyone else went and Tom placed his card down. He looked up at me and smiled. As I looked at my cards I had a reverse, a three and a wild. I placed my three down, thankful that it was the same color as Tom's previous card. Another round went through and I strategically placed my reverse down, knowing that I could play a wild as my last card. When I placed my card down I caught Tom's eye and winked at him and smiled. "Uno" I said. "Ahh" I heard echoing through the group. Everyone started looking through their cards deciding if they could detour me from my win. Tom placed his card down and rubbed his eyes, almost as if he already knew the defeat. All others placed their cards down and it came to Harrison. "Haz you gotta have something to make her lose man" Harry said pleading with Harrison. Harrison looked down at his cards, thinking it through. He grabbed a card and slowly placed it down. I knew that I had won.

It was a wild, "green" Harrison said. I acted as if though it ruined my chances of winning. All of the boys were excited that they could possibly win. "DRAW NOVA" Sam shouted from across the table in excitement. I hugged and looked down at my card. I went down to the deck of cards and acted as if I were going to pick up a card. Suddenly I stopped, looked up at the boys, resting my eyes on Tom's. I smirked and Tom's eyes bugged out. I smacked down my wild and shot up my arms in victory. All the boys grunted and threw their cards, defeated. "I WIN" I shouted in excitement. Suddenly the boys all looked and me and an eerie smile was soon plastered on all their faces. I anxiously giggled and then realized the rules we made as kids when anyone won a game. "Oh no" I said. All the boys kept smiling and soon the words I so regrettably felt for winning spoke out of Paddy's mouth. "DOG-PILE" he shouted. I tried to get up to run but Tom grabbed me by my waist and I started laughing while trying to escape his grip. Tom eventually got me to the floor and laid on top of me. "Ugh" I said as I lay there waiting for the rest of the boys to follow suit. I looked up at Tom who was staring at me giggling like he had won the game. He leaned down and gave me a kiss before the boys landed on him. I could tell that Tom was taking most of the weight of the boys because when the boys jumped on I felt their impact but not like I normally would. I smiled up at Tom who was practically in a plank position trying to keep the boys from hitting me.