Part 19- Journaling

The last time all of us watched a movie together, Tom was with us and we were at the premiere. We had watched movies together in between then just not all of us together like that. I missed his presence, the way he held my hand under his coat, the way he would whisper things in my ear about the movie. I missed him. We finished the movie and we went back home. When I got home I started thinking about previous conversations that I had with Tom. "Well I'll continue to do acting and maybe one day I can hold an amazing character that many people will love" I remember Tom saying. "I want to become a writer" I told him. Tom laughed at me, "you, a writer?" he laughed some more. "Hey, I'd make a great writer, you just wait and see" I told him sticking my tongue out at him through the fence. He stuck his tongue out back at me. The conversation played in my head. I smiled, look at us now, dating. As I say there I thought about how I said I wanted to become a writer. I got up and got a note on out and began writing. "I'm going to write in this journal everyday that Tom is gone and I'll give it to him on his birthday or someday special" I said to myself as I began writing. "The Boy Who Peeked Through My Fence, he was a pokey little boy, one that grabs your attention just by his eyes" I started writing.

I continued to write for a while. I wrote the story of us, Tom and I. When I finally finished writing it was past midnight. I checked my phone and there were so many messages from Tom. My heart sunk, I was so busy writing that I didn't even hear my phone going off. I texted him back saying that I was busy and didn't have my phone on me. He didn't answer so I figured he was asleep. I sent a goodnight text and curled up in my bed. I fell asleep quickly, I was more tired than I thought. I woke up the next morning, almost afternoon, and checked my phone. Tom had sent me a good morning text and asked how I was. I responded and then picked up my journal and started reading what I written last night. I didn't want to brag but I thought it was pretty good. I decided to head downstairs and grab a small lunch and went outside to my backyard with my journal in hand ready to write some more. I grabbed a sandwich and went outside to the spot where Tom and I always sat when we talked. I started writing, my hand gliding across the pages. Page after page, I was filling up the lines quickly.

When I decided I was done for the day I went back inside to see what Harrison was up to. I knocked on his door, "Come in" I hear. As I open the door I see Haz sitting at his desk looking at his computer. "Hey" I said. "Hey" he replied back. "Whatcha doin" I asked. "Ok, so I'm thinking of maybe doing modeling or working as an actor or something" he said with his face unsure. "Oh Haz that would be cool" I told him. "Really, you think so?" He asked getting excited that I agreed. "Yea, I mean if that's what you want to do go after it" I said. "Yea you're right" he responded with a smile on his face. He started to type on his computer, looking up agencies and other things. "Why don't you just ask Tom what the process is and if he knows anyone good" I suggested. "Oh I didn't think about that" he said. He grabbed his phone and started to call Tom. The phone rang and Tom picked up. "Hey man, you got a minute" Haz said. "Yea" I hear over the phone. His voice was nice to hear even if was over the phone. Harrison started to tell Tom and ask questions about it. I decided to give Harrison some time alone, so I went to my room and started to go through some old things of mine. There was quite a bit I could actually get rid of. Haz called me into his room after he was done talking to Tom for what seemed like hours. Tom must have had a lunch break or something. "So Tom told me all this stuff and so now I have all the information" Harrison told me. "That's Great Haz" I replied. "Yea just gotta get an agent now" he said.