Part 25- I really like you

As I looked out my window, I see Tom on the other side, in his window, holding up a piece of paper. "I had a great time with you today" the paper said. I smiled, just as Tom moved that piece of paper to reveal another one underneath it. "I'm glad we told our brothers and I can't wait to see what our future holds" the other paper said. I smiled once again and tried not to blush. I opened up my window and Tom did the same. "I had a great time too, and I'm glad we told them as well. We don't have it hide it from them anymore. Annnnddd I can't wait to see what happens with us in the future" I told him smiling. I would never forget that conversation because we were excited for a future that only lasted a couple more years. Yes, it was still a future but I honestly thought I was going to marry this guy. I just wish things never changed and we could still be together. We talked for a little while before we decided to head outside. I was excited to actually go outside for a change. It was getting warmer and warmer as time went on, making Tom and I's conversations move back to outside. I sat down by the hole in the fence and so did Tom. He poked his head through the fence and kissed my forehead. Then went back in to his side of the fence.

"I- I" he began to say. "I what" I asked, wanting him to continue his sentence. "I like you a lot Nova" he said. I smiled, neither of us were ready to say "I love you" and actually mean it but, "I really like you" was our own way of saying "I love you". At least until we were ready. "I really like you too Tom" I said. I was thinking back to when Tom said he liked me. The way he said my name was like an angel playing the harp for God himself. My heart was warm and fluttering, I was so lost in my train of thought that I had heard Tom taking to me until I heard, "Novalee." I awoke from my daze and looked at him, kind of smiling. "Sorry, I zoned out" I said, glad Tom didn't ask why because that would be embarrassing. We continued to talk for a while, going into the dark of the night once again for probably the one thousandth time. It was getting colder as the night went on and so we cut our conversation short and went to bed. The next morning I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. I tried to look out my window to see the birds, but on my window was a letter taped to it. "To Nova Love Tom" the front of the letter said. I opened it up and there was a long note written inside. As I began to read it my eyes teared up and I eventually started crying.

"Nova, you are the sun to my shine, the earth to my sun and so much more. You have given me so many reasons to like you and make me feel better about myself. Thank you for agreeing to date me and also agreeing to keeping it a secret as long as we did. You are the best girlfriend any guy could ask for and you're only fourteen. People may say young love isn't real and stupid but our love is real and not stupid. I really like you Nova. Tom" part of the note said. There was quite a bit left, but I could hardly read it from the tears that clouded my vision. I smiled as tears kept coming down my face, still trying to read the letter. I finally was able to read the letter and my heart fluttered more and more with each letter that went by. I look back up at the window and see Tom holding up another piece of paper. "Happy one year" the paper said. I put my finger up telling him to wait. I grabbed a piece of paper that I had been working on and showed him the "happy one year" written on my page.