Part 8- I like you

I debated almost the entire day whether to tell him or not. I knew that our family had plans to hang out with the Holland's the next day so I had the entire day to decide. "This could ruin everything me and Tom share" I told myself. After careful consideration I decided to keep it to myself for a little while longer. I didn't want my friendship with Tom to be any more awkward or ruined because I have feelings that he doesn't. I know now that wasn't the best decision, but I was 13, how would I know. I was still surprised that none of my family members knew, and if they did they kept it a secret. I mean I opened my window every night and talked to Tom for hours. My family either knew or they were really heavy sleepers. That night I talked to Tom again. Voices in the back of my head were saying, "tell him you like him, just do it" but my heart was telling me otherwise. The entire night I was avoiding word vomit, I didnt want anything to happen. Even though I avoided it, Tom didn't. "Hey I missed you, talking to you in person is so much better. I know I say that every time I come home but I mean it" He said. I felt like my face got hot and my heart was beating ninety to nothing. "I really like talking to you" Tom peeped in. "I like talking to you too" I said, my voice kind of shaking.

He smiled widely. Just then I could see him adjusting how he was sitting in the window and fidgeting his thumbs. "I like you Nova" he blurted out. Welp there's word vomit but it's not from me. My heart is definitely pounding now and my face is definitely red. I try to come up with a response but I was so in shock that I sat there for a little while. "Um Nova" Tom said scratching the back of his neck. "I'm sorry, I zoned out didn't I" was all I could get out. "Yea you did, everything ok, look if it's what I said then" you stopped him. "I like you too" I blurted out. "Wow Nova so much for keeping it to yourself for a little while" I said to myself. Both of us kinda of just sat there and stared at each other. Tom could sense the awkwardness and started telling his awful jokes again which made me relax a bit and I laughed at his terrible jokes. By the end I completely forgot what had happened earlier. I went to sleep that night sitting in the window, same as Tom. I woke up the next morning chilled and remembered what happened the night before. "Yikes" I say to myself. I got up and closed my window smiling at the boy sleeping in the window across from mine. So Tom did like me.

I couldn't believe it. I guess those feelings had grown once I finally got to know him. From hating him as a little girl due to all the teasing and poking his eyeball out through the fence to talking every night through the fence or the window or text and having feelings for each other. It was completely insane. Today was the day that we were supposed to go to the Holland's house to see Tom. No one knew that I had already seen him, even before Harrison. I got ready and headed down stairs to eat breakfast. "How did you sleep last night pumpkin" my father asked me. My eyes almost bugged out, "did he hear our conversation last night" I asked myself. "Uh yea" I said trying to sound as if I always get a good nights sleep. "Oh ok I just thought I heard you talking to yourself last night" he said. I tried not to panic as I knew the truth. "Oh I guess I must have been sleep talking" I said trying to cover what was actually happening every night for the past year. I ate breakfast and my mom and Harrison can down to eat breakfast too. We all ate and now we're headed towards the Holland's house. As my father knocked on the door I fixed my hair. Sam opened the door and I was the first to walk inside, following Sam to his and Harry's room. Harrison went to Tom's room and Paddy came to join us in the twins room.