Part 16- How I Live Now

The boys played for a little bit longer before we all started getting ready to go watch Tom on set. Once we were all ready we left Tom's trailer and went to the small house where they were filming. It wasn't really a small house but for the amount of people it was small. There were other cast members walking around and getting ready for filming. I couldn't see Tom anywhere, we all started  looking around for Tom. Suddenly he came out of the hair trailer, his hair all fluffed and curly. He was wearing glasses and his face looked like a twelve year old boy. We were all relieved when we saw him, for some reason I guess each of us had thought he ran off or something. The kids and I waved to him as we saw him coming out of the trailer. A crew member came by and guided us to a pop up canopy with chairs under it so we could sit and watch comfortably. They started filming shortly after we sat down. We see Tom guide a girl dressed in all black into the house. Some other kids come along as well, Tom introducing each one to the girl. They had finished filming that section after a couple shots. Tom got a break for lunch so we all ate together under the canopy. The crew had supplied lunch, they gave us each a sandwich and some chips. Tom looked so different in glasses. His eyes looked like a deeper brown, I could help but stare.

Tom caught me mid stare as he looked up from eating his sandwich. I tried to look away before he could really notice but it was no use. He started laughing. "Tom whats so funny dear" Nikki asked. He looked over at Nikki still laughing his head off. "Oh Nova just dropped her food while she was trying to bite it" he said continuing to laugh. Nikki smiled and went back to talking to Dom. I looked over at Tom who had the biggest smile on his face. I stuck my tongue out at him and continued to eat my lunch. They called Tom back to set five minutes later. We continued to watch Tom the rest of the day. For his final shot for the day he had to go to the makeup trailer and get something done. He asked us-when I say is I mean the kids- if we would like to come watch them put the makeup on. We said yes of course and followed Tom into the trailer. As we watch I can see the color in Tom's face disappear. When they finish, he looks over at us, more specifically me and I almost burst into tears. They made Tom look dead. "Woah dude you look like a clean zombie" Haz said to Tom. I scooted myself back so the boys wouldn't see me trying not to cry.

Tom could tell my emotions, as they were clearly written on my face. He didn't want to draw any attention so he just told us to follow him out of the trailer, me being the last one out. He quickly kissed the back of my head. "I'm ok" he whispered. I nod my head and follow the boys to the canopy so we could watch. They were about to move set locations, so we got into a golf cart and drove slightly down the road to the next set location. When we got there I saw a pile of what looked to be dead bodies in trash bags. They got Tom ready for the scene and began to film. After that scene they were done for the day. We all went back to Tom's trailer and Nikki and Dom started cooking dinner for us. After dinner, we all played the super Mario game. After about an hour of playing we all decided to go to bed because we were tired. Well everyone except Tom and I. Once again, we quietly head out of the trailer. They still had a fire going from set today so we sat there again. "So you got pretty upset when you saw me in my makeup today" Tom said in an unsure manner. "It hit, like that's what you would look like if you were dead, I just couldn't bare to see it" I responded. "Oh well, I'm alive" he smiled. "You were showing quite a few different emotions today now weren't you" he continued to say. I rolled my eyes. "You were staring at me earlier" he replied with a smirk. "I'll admit it, I was but only because I've never seen you in glasses before" I said. "Yea it was a little weird wearing them" he told me.