Part 40- Busted

We decided to go out and talk through the fence for the first time in a while. It was weird to think that ten years ago, I saw this little boy peeking through my fence. That little boy who was seven is now seventeen. "Tom did you know that we met ten years ago, you poked your little face through this hole and I'm so glad you did" I smiled. I could see his smile too and he pushed his arm through the hole in the fence and grabbed my hand. He held it only for a minute before letting go and climbing over the fence. He jumped down onto the ground and looked at me and smiled. "I'm glad I did too" he walked over to me and sat down right next to me, putting his arm over my body. I turned to look at him, we've been this close before but for some reason, this time felt different. It was like sparks were going off inside my stomach. He looked at me and there were only seconds before he wrapped his arm around my waist and started kissing me. My hand went up to his jaw, touching it gently. Slowly but surely, our kiss deepened and soon my back felt the ground below me. Tom laid his body gently on mine and was still kissing me ever so softly but with passion. We had never done anything like this before but it felt so right and I honestly didn't know what I was missing.

As we continued making out, the porch light came on from my house and soon my mom was standing outside telling me to get inside. I was so embarrassed and Tom was even more. We both turned red and Tom started apologizing to my mom for everything. "You're teenagers with raging hormones in love, I get it but it's real late and I don't want you guys getting cold or doing anything you don't want to do." My mom raised an eyebrow at the both of us. "Yes ma'am, good idea" Tom replied, still as red as could be. We both got up and dusted ourselves off. "Goodnight ma'am, sorry again" Tom said looking at my mom before hopping the fence again. "Night Tom" I said as he hopped over the fence. "Night Nova" he responded. I walked to my porch where my mom was still standing. "Novalee I thought you'd be more careful" she told me. "Mom we weren't doing anything besides kissing. I promise it wouldn't have gone any further" I reassured her. "Mhmmm, I know how boys are" she said. I rolled my eyes and smiled and we both walked inside. "Now go to bed before I tell your father and Tom's parents about this little rendezvous you two had" she said with her arms crossed. "Yes ma'am" I said before going upstairs and crawling into my bed.

I grabbed my phone and saw a text from Tom.

I thought back to our night outside and smiled

I thought back to our night outside and smiled. I placed my phone down and fell asleep. (Ok so just to clarify this next part is in the future) I woke up in a panic, jolting upright in my bed. I had a dream of the night Tom and I first made out and when my mom caught us but it was like I could see myself outside my body and it was like a glitch and then all of the sudden it was her. It was her laying in the dirt and it was her who was getting kissed by him. It was her who got caught by my mother and it was her sending Tom those texts. When I finally stopped breathing heavily, tears just streamed down my face. "Why does this consume my life" I asked myself. "All I want is happiness and Tom gave me that, why couldn't I see that then. Why did I believe those rumors. Why couldn't I trust my own boyfriend of four years that they weren't true. Now all I want is him. I want him back." I told myself. I needed to get out of this ditch of emotions I built around myself and get out. The first step was to stop letting all of this consume my everyday life. I didn't need to let Tom go just yet but I did need to stop letting every little thing stop me. I was going to get myself out of this situation whether I was going to succeed or not.