Part 46- Broken Hearts, Broken Bones

I look down at my arm as the nurse is sticking a needle in it to numb the pain but all I see is a curved limb that had always been straight. I hate needles but I couldn't feel a thing because my adrenaline was so high and the fact that this had been the worst pain I had been in my 16 years of life. My parents were right by my side the entire time, I'm so grateful to have such kind parents like them. Harrison and Tom had to wait in the waiting room of the hospital lobby because only two people were allowed back with me. An orthopedic doctor came to my triage bed after a few minutes when the nurse gave the shot. He started telling my parents and I the plan that he had in mind to fix my broken arm. He said that it wasn't even that bad of break. I chuckled at his statement. The doctor started to get ready to cast my arm, I chose a green color for my cast and even had the doctor sign it. Even though my arm was numb when they started to mend it, it still hurt like hell. My mom was holding my other hand and I felt awful for her cause I was squeezing the crap out of her hand.

It's funny to look back at my broken arm now that I'm 21 because I was so naïve to think that a broken arm is the worst pain I would go through. My broken arm is like breaking breaking a wooden pencil in half, just like that. SNAP. And it's done. No the worst pain is seeing the one that you love fall in love with someone else only after the fact that they broke your heart by cheating. This pain drags on, feeling like it's never going to stop. Even when I have a somewhat good day, that hole in the fence is a constant reminder that not everything can perfect. I thought what Tom and I had was true love, I thought it was forever. I hate to say it but why would he do it, for her? Yes she's gorgeous and fearless and funny and not me. Oh I wish I could go back to the time where the broken arm was all I had to worry about. To be 16 and to be loved again. I hope that I can get out of this depression soon, I don't know if I can live with it bogging down my everyday life anymore. Maybe I need to move far away from this town and never look back. Maybe that would help. Maybe move to a small town in America. That just might do it.

I finally get my discharge papers from the nurse and I'm free to go home. The doctor said I'll have plenty of time to rest before my camping trip since it's just a writing one. My parents and I walk through the hospital trying to find Harrison and Tom. When we reach the front lobby I can see Harrison sitting on one of the many couches in the lobby and Tom pacing back and forth in front of him. You would think I'm going into a coma with how worried Tom looked. They both look up at the same time but Tom is much faster than Harrison when it comes to running. Before I could even wave my cast at them, Tom was right in front of me, giving me a hug. He grabbed me so tight, like he was a soldier that just made it home after the war hugging his wife. While he's still hugging me he asks me, "are you ok." "Yes I'm ok Tom it's just a broken arm, nothing serious" I try to reassure him. "It scared me, I couldn't be with you" he tells me with a tremble in his voice. I release from the hug and give him a kiss, "I promise I am ok, I was scared too but everything is ok now" he stares at me for a second and then hugs me tightly again. "I am so glad you are ok" he whispers. I smile and realize Haz has also made his way over to me. I let go of Tom and hug my brother. "Tom and I were so worried about you" he tells me. "I'm ok" I tell him while letting go of the hug. He smiles and wiggles his fingers motioning to me to show him the cast. Tom and Haz both sign my cast before we leave the hospital. Tom signs, "our love could never be broken, Tom" with a heart and a smiley face and Haz signs his "I won't tell anyone you fell, Haz". I roll my eyes at him and we head home.