Part 43- Her

I had all of this planned out. Why couldn't I just follow through with my plan, why couldn't I trust him. Why were my insecurities taking over. Way over. She was just so gorgeous, so confident, the opposite of me. She was someone who deserved Tom. The person I've become does not deserve Tom, I don't know if she ever will. I wanted a house, kids and a loving relationship with Tom, how could I be so clueless. Even if I did better myself, which I should, would he even want me back having her now? I should have known he wouldn't cheat on me, I took those stupid rumors to heart. Even after they both tried to tell me they weren't. I was so foolish. Now I'm here sitting in my room alone crying and wishing that Tom was here to hold me like he used to. I'll never forget the warm feeling of his arms around me, the hairs on the back of my neck rising because of him unknowingly breathing close to my neck. The slightest touch of his fingers wrapped around mine, or the way he would rub my arms slowly. Ill never forget these things but most of all I'll never not miss turning around to see his beautiful brown eyes smiling at me. The way they would entice you, saying nothing but telling you every single word to make you feel wanted. His eyes were like no one else's. The way the sun would capture the hints of gold in his eyes that would contrast the dark brown that surrounded his pupil. They were like the sun during an eclipse, gold around the rim, where the sun would peak out and brown where the moon would hide the suns glow. Such a beautiful sight to see.

Feeling Tom's lips on mine always gave me such a rush, my heart would race, my face getting hotter, my body full of adrenaline. He held my body close to his and cupped his hand around my jaw. We parted, "you can't do that again Novalee. When you promise me a kiss, you better keep your promise" he said giggling. I giggled back, "your face as I turned was hilarious, you had a face full of utter disappointment. I'm sorry I left you hanging, puckered lips and all." I giggled. He laughed, "Nova you're something else." I smiled, "ok Tom now I really have to go" I said as I let go of his hand. "Ugh really, I'm going to be leaving soon to do another movie and all I want to do is spend time with my girlfriend before I do. But her family needs her" he says in a mocking tone. "You didn't tell me you're doing another movie, what movie" I asked. "I have to start shooting for 'In the Heart of the Sea' it's about Moby Dick" he says rubbing the back of his neck. "O-oh ok" I say wondering why Tom didn't tell me, I look down and my feet are close together and my arms encased in one another, I was nervous. Tom noticed my stance, "hey love you ok" he asked with a concerned look on his face. "Yea I'm fine" I said not looking him in the eye.

"Nova, somethings not right with you. Are you mad that I didn't tell you about the movie?" "I'm not mad, just confused on why you didn't tell me. We tell each other everything." I said in a calm voice but there were breaks in my words. "I honestly just forgot about it until I looked at my calendar this morning. I was having such a good time with you and the boys this summer that I totally forgot about my job," Tom said reassuring me. He got up from the bed where he was sitting and walked over to me. I was looking down at my feet, he lifted my chin. "Hey look at me," he told me. I looked into his brown eyes with a tear forming in mine. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I hope you're ok and I will never forget to tell you about another movie again" he said holding my chin. I smiled slightly and his hand moved to my cheek, wiping my tear that had finally fallen. "Promise" I asked lifting up my pinkie. Tom raised his pinkie and crossed it with mine, "promise." He grabbed me and brought me close to him, hugging me tightly. "Ok now I really have to go" I told him while I was still being held by him. He chuckled, "ok I guess I can let you go home." He hugged me tightly one more time and kissed the top of my head. I let go and he walked me down stairs and out to the yard. He watched me from his yard walk into my house. I waved at him before going inside.