Part 35- The cards unfold

The boys finally got off and we were all laughing at the rule we made when we were younger. Tom reached for my hand and I grabbed his. He pulled me up off the ground and we sat down at the table where we were just playing uno. We all started talking about how Tom's birthday was coming up very soon. I zoned out as the boys were talking about Tom's birthday, thinking of the gift that I already had in mind for him. Tom has been talking about a guitar forever and would always play mine when he came over. I thought it would be the perfect gift for him. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I came out of my daze. "You ok Nova" Tom asked me. I shook my head in response and he shot a smile at me. The rest of the boys kept talking and Tom and I started our own quiet conversation. "They want to do this big party but I don't really want one, at least not for my seventeenth." Tom whispered to me. "Yea, we could definitely do one for your eighteenth, but if you don't want a big party just tell them that." I whispered back. "I have but they won't listen, they insist on a big party" Tom whispered. "Guys, if Tom doesn't want a big party, then we won't do a big party, save it for next year" I told the boys. They all were surprised on how loudly I spoke, their eyes widened and the shock was displayed on their faces.

"Yea that makes sense, good thinking Nova" Harrison spoke up. The boys shook their heads in agreement almost as if they were afraid to protest. "Thanks guys" Tom said awkwardly. "Ok so small party this year and big party next year" Paddy said with a slight smile. I smiled back at him and the boys were all back to talking about Tom's now small party. Tom leaned in to my ear and whispered, "thank you love," I felt a smile emerge on his face. "No problem" I said smiling. He kissed the hair that covered my ear and sat back. I moved to lay on Tom's chest. We watched the boys talk and Tom started playing with my hair as we watched. Time passed and the boys left including Tom. Harrison and I went to our rooms and as I walked into my room I see through my window, Tom holding a piece of paper at his window. I walk up closer to mine and Tom motions me to open up my window, as I opened it I could see that his was open too. "Nova, I have some things to say and I just want to tell you in the way that we do everything" Tom said. A smile emerged on my face. He cheekily smiled and started getting his papers ready.

"I'm going to read what I have on these papers to you ok? Can you hear me alright?" He asked. "Yes Tom" I said smiling. "Ok so here it goes," he shuffled around, moving the blank piece of paper from the front of the deck to the back. "Nova means new star" he began. "On May 16th, you were born, a new star arrived into the world. Thus Novalee is a star with every deserving right to be in the sky. You walk into a room and it's like the sky has cleared, the sun comes out and all is good. Nova you're literally glowing." He chuckles and continues to shuffle through the papers. I'm trying not to cry but my emotions take over and with a single blink, I feel the wetness on my face. "Nova there are stars that have been admired and looked at for ages, each one apart of something great-the night sky. You are and going to be one of them. There's not a single soul that I know, that doesn't love you. Anytime you walk by, everyone's admiring your beauty. Nova you are a freaking star, everyone may not see you yet but they will and they will admire you just as much as I do." He starts to choke up, his words become broken and as I focus onto his face, I see the same wetness on his face that has now coated mine.