Part 45- Broken Bones

I grab a couple pairs of pajamas, jeans, t shirts, underwear and a small jacket. I start to go to look for my sleeping bag, as I go to the hall closet, I hear Haz talking with someone but I know no one else is here. Me being the nosy sister I am I bring my ear close to the door. It's a girls voice, and I can't recognize who's it is. I hear him laugh, "ok-uh-I'll talk to you later-uh-bye". He hung up the phone and I can't help but bust through the door. "Who was that" I ask quickly and loudly as Haz practically falls to the floor. His eyes go wide and his voice cracks a little, "u-h it it wa-s no o-ne" he says nervously. By the look in his eyes, he knows he isn't fooling me and that I won't leave until I get an answer. I raise my brow at him, it was quite fun to see my brother squirm this much over a phone call with a girl. "Her names Charlotte" he smiles slightly, "I met her on my last modeling gig". I smile as he tells me all about his new crush. "She even lives in London" he tells me. I smile, "Haz I'm glad you're finally getting after someone, I mean after all your younger sister has had a boyfriend for almost two years now" he laughed.

We continue to chat for a moment while he finishes up telling me all about her and her blonde hair and her smile. "I can't wait to meet her Haz, she sounds absolutely wonderful" I tell him. He smiles one more big smile before I turn to leave. "Hey sis," he blurts. "Yea" I turn back towards him. "Thanks for being my sister" he smirks and gets up from his seat. He walks over towards me and he wraps his arm around my shoulder. "Awe Haz, thank you for being the best brother ever" I tell him. As quickly as the sappy moment started, it ended. He swung his arm around me and placed his hand into a fist on my head it went, rubbing it aggressively against the top of my head. "NUGGIES" he yells as I try to run away. "I TAKE IT BACK HAZ" I finally am away from him and his ferocious nuggies. He laughs and downstairs I go to find my sleeping bag. When I make it downstairs, my dad is sitting at the dining room table reading a book and my mother is trying to complete a puzzle. "How's packing going sunshine" my dad asks. "Almost done, just trying to find my sleeping bag" I tell him. "Have you checked the hall closet" he asks. "No I'll check there" I turn towards the hall way and go to open the closet. On the very top shelf is my sleeping bag. I grab the step stool that we keep in the closet and unfold it before I go to reach for it, standing on the very tip of my toes, even on the step stool, I can barely reach it still. Finally I can feel the fabric of the sleeping bag and just before I can grab it the step stool falls from beneath me.

The next thing I know I hear a crack and a pop and I'm on the floor. "NOVALEE ARE YOU OK" I can hear my parents yell and start to run towards the hall but I couldn't muster up the words to tell them. I could start to really feel the pain now as I tried to get up. Just as my parents reach me, I could hear Harrison's footsteps on the stairs running down towards me. My parents are looking at me horrified as Harrison appears behind them. "NOVALEE YOUR ARM" he panicked. I push through the pain and sit up to look at my arm and my forearm is bent and is not straight. I have tears in my eyes before everyone's panic starts to dial down. "Ok we need to get you to the hospital stat!" My mother exclaimed as my dad helped me to my feet. "Can you walk" he asks me knowing that I am more than capable of doing so but knows that my anxiety could practically make me paralyzed. "Yea" I tell him with a tear falling down my face and I wince in pain. My mom and Harrison has left and we find them in the driveway with the car running. My dad helps me into the back seat watching my arm carefully. As the car door closes my eyes close from the pain and my anxiety. I've never dealt with pain very well and this definitely topped my pain scale with the worst pain. As we back out of the driveway, I see Tom walk out of his house into his yard and wave. Haz rolled down his window, "WE'RE ON OUR WAY TO THE HOSPITAL NOVA BROKE HER ARM" he yelled. "WHAT?!?" Tom screams as he started running towards his car to follow us to the hospital.