Part 6- The Boy Who Talked to Me Through the Window

We continued to awkwardly talk after the kiss, just to keep it less awkward than it would be if we weren't talking. Once again, somehow the sound of Tom's voice got me straight to sleep. I woke up the next morning and I was shivering. It was so cold out this early in the morning. I woke up Tom who looked like he was also cold. "Tom wake up" I said, my arm through the fence shoving him a little. He woke up rubbing his arms to warm up. "Ok, so we have to figure out a way to stay warm outside because it's too cold to keep doing this." I told Tom. "Yea, I'm freezing" He said. We both head inside our houses and warm up. I laid in my warm bed with a mug of hot chocolate that I made. I felt a buzz and looked at my phone. (See text slide) I smiled seeing that Tom was concerned. Tom and I texted, discussing how we were going to talk without getting cold anymore. We agreed that it'd be best to just open our windows during the winter time and that when spring time came along, back outside we went. Little did I know that plan would not be how we expected it. The winter went by slowly, the days became colder and the snow began to fall. All of us would go out and play in the snow with each other. There were many snowball fights and many snow forts made that winter. Pretty much every night I'd open my window and look straight across to the next house where Tom's window was. We pretty much had it down to a schedule by the end of winter.

After that kiss, most of our conversations got more and more serious. But before I knew it, Tom had to leave once again to go act. This time it was better because we could visit him on set. The week after Christmas both of our families flew to Thailand to see Tom. It was so weird but nice because it was so warm there. We got off the plane and Tom was there to greet us. Everyone was so excited to see Tom, even me. Tom guided us to where they were shooting the film and gave us a short tour before he had to go back and film. Lucky for us kids, they used us as extras in the film. I remember telling everyone when I got back to school that I would be in a film that would be coming out soon. They all didn't believe me until they saw it. We watched Tom act in the movie, getting swept away in water, running through a hospital. It was truly amazing, watching the boy that peeked through my fence act in such a way that made me feel part of the story. That night we all went to dinner and talked about what Tom had done today. After dinner we got to spend the night in the hotel that the family the movie was based on, stayed in during their stay. Of course it had been rebuilt but it was so cool. All of the kids stayed in one room while our parents stayed in separate rooms next to us. Even in Thailand, Tom and I snuck out to talk because we couldn't sleep. "This helps so much, you wouldn't believe the amount of sleep I've been missing out on cause you weren't there to talk to me" Tom said.

I  smiled as you knew Tom needed me to sleep just as much as I needed him. The next day on set we found out that some of the extras were survivors of the tsunami.
After a couple of days, it was time for us to head back home, leaving Tom behind. It was only for a week that he'd be gone. He was coming back because the actors got a short two weeks vacation. We got home and went straight to bed, we were all exhausted. I think that was the first time I fell asleep in a while without Tom talking me to sleep. I woke up and got ready for the day. Curious as to what time it was in Thailand I checked my phone and found out it was around ten pm. I texted Tom (See text slide). Us two continued to text through midnight, Thailand time. The only reason I stopped was because Tom stopped texting which meant he fell asleep. I did my job. The week went by quick, I texted Tom each day. Before I knew it he was back home. That night we opened our windows since it was still cold and talked. "Ok this is so much better than texting" Tom said. I smiled, "was I developing a crush on him" I asked myself. "Yea, hey do you think any of our family members know about this" I asked him. "I don't think any of mine know" he responded. "Neither do I" I replied back.

 "Neither do I" I replied back