Part 41- Cover Story

Summer was rolling on through, everyday Tom and I would talk, well some days would be less talk and more kissing than others, but no one had to know about that but us. As I sat underneath the big tree in my backyard writing on the last page of my journal about how the summer was going so far, I heard the Holland boys open their back door and run to the pool. Tom peeked through my fence just like he used to, just to see if I was back there. I waved at him when I saw his face. He waved back, "hey you." "Hey" I said squinting my eyes. "You should come over and swim." I smiled, "let me finish writing and then I'll be over, give me 10 minutes" I replied. "Ok I'll be waiting for you" Tom said as he backed up from the fence. "Ok, have fun without me until then" I winked at him. He sent a smirk my way and then jumped into the pool. I wrote on the last line of the page, "my summer has been pretty good thanks to you." I went inside the house to get my bathing suit on and knocked on Harrison's door to see if he'd want to go swimming too. As I knocked on the door, the door slowly opened and I peeked into his room. "Haz" I called out. There was still no answer so I walked into the room to see his computer still on and his room a mess.

At first I wasn't going to look at what Harrison had left on his computer but being the snoopy sister that I was, I decided to look. There was an email from a model agency that wanted Harrison to travel to Scotland for the weekend to do a shoot. He replied and said that he would ask his parents and get back with them soon. Then I remembered the conversation that Haz and my parents had the other night where they were arguing over something, it ended with my parents saying no and Harrison being angry about it. I asked him about it later but he didn't tell me. That must have been what the argument was about. I read on, seeing what Harrison told them. "I'll be there this weekend, thank you again for the offer!" Harrison wrote back. My jaw dropped and realized that my brother had snuck out of the house for the entire weekend without my parents knowing. I may have snooped into his email but it wasn't my business to tell my parents. If Harrison wanted to keep this a secret, whether he risked his chances of ever doing it again or not, then I would keep it a secret for him too. After all he helped me with Tom all those years ago. I quickly changed into my swimsuit and yelled through the house that I was going over to Tom's to swim, I walked to Tom's backyard, told Tom to go to his room with me and to not say a word.

I called Harrison and told him I knew about what he was doing and that I would keep it a secret but Tom would know. I had to tell him that I snooped on his computer, but that I helped because he just left his computer wide open. He thanked me but was still mad that I looked on his computer. "What did you tell mom and dad for you to be gone for the weekend" I asked him. "I said there was a school project at my lab partners house and that I'd need to spend the night cause it was last minute" he replied. "Ok so what's this lab partners name if they ask" I asked him, trying to have a full cover story for him. "Kyle Lancaster, he' actually my lab partner but there's no project. And if mom wants to call his mom, Kyle has a prerecorded audio of her saying responses. He does that with everyone's moms" he said laughing. Tom and I laughed too, "alright mate, we got your back, you just have fun and be safe" Tom said. We hung up and went to go swim, on the way to Tom's backyard, Tom and I were talking about plans we could have set in place for Harrison's "school project". We got outside and decided to talk about that whole situation later and jumped into the pool hand in hand. I loved how both Harrison and I could count on Tom no matter what. As I swam to surface, I was greeted by the water coming down my face and a warm kiss on my lips. I opened my eyes as he pulled away and I smiled. He brought me closer to him and soon we were floating in the pool side by side. The rest of day went by quickly, we played all different kinds of pool games and then decided to camp outside for the night.