3

This is a rewritten version of chapter three.

-

Two years...

That's easy. Given the fact that they were sex partners, they'd spent time together a lot.

Venti hummed as he cooked food for his family, this was usual for him. It's either he or his father who would cook. He really likes doing it, especially every time he learns something new, it was exciting to know their reactions.

As he cooks... He thought why not cook some for Xiao?

He was dying to know what he would think about his skills...

Do you know one of those cut bento lunch boxes that you see online? He did that for Xiao! But a lot cuter than the ones you see. He had even thought about putting a penis in there using ham as a joke, but I think that's too weird and inappropriate.

“Hmm... Is that for me? Aw, my awesome son, cooking me lunch for work—” he was about to take the lunchbox but Venti slapped his hands away, “Not for you, dad.”

The man pouted before asking who it was for, and Venti said that it was for a friend with a small smile.

The department of civil engineering was quite far from Venti's, so he had to be early or else he'll be late for his own class.

He was with a woman with two ponytails... Her hair was brown like dark chocolates, her eyes red like roses, and her smile was wide like lines. They were both chatting... Like nothing ever exist in the world anymore. Venti somehow found himself just standing as he stared at them.

They look happy talking to each other.

He swallowed the lump in his throat before turning to someone he was familiar with in this course, Kai.

He was a familiar face to Venti as they had already met at some parties at occurred in the university, he walked towards him and gave him the lunch box instead.

“Yo, thanks, Venti,” he says as his friends teased him, Venti just smiled before turning his back against them. He was about to leave but he felt a hand grabbing him, when he looked back, he saw Xiao. “Hey,” Xiao greeted.

“Hey.”

“What are you doing here?” he asked, like he didn't see Venti giving the lunchbox to one of his batchmates.

“I just wanted to give something to a friend of mine.”

Xiao paused for a minute, just staring at Venti with their hands still intertwined.

“Okay,” he said before letting go of his hands. Finally. Venti just left without a world... He felt something so unusual while seeing Xiao with another person. It didn't use to be like this, it was just suddenly there.

Everything feels bad after that.

His whole day sucks, and he hated everyone around him. He was in a bad mood.

Not until he heard a notification from his phone, seeing that it was from Xiao just lit up his mood... For some reason.

Xiao Alatus › You okay?

With a picture of Venti on one of the tables, looking so done with the world and haggard. And that's what he's doing right now! So that means...

He looked around to try and find Xiao, but he couldn't

Xiao Alatus › behind you.

He looked behind and almost died when he saw Xiao smirking at him. “Hey,” Venti said while looking away... He still felt so sick after earlier. He just wanted to give him lunch, he did not expect to see him with another girl...