"Lies"

Third Person's Pov
"Xiao!!!" A familiar voice of a girl shouted as she runs towards Xiao. "Hu tao?" He turned to see that it was Hu tao, she had a worried face. It seems like this is something serious. "Have you heard what happened to Venti?! He has memory loss!" She said as she wiped the sweat on her forehead. Xiao gasped, he was worried and upset but he also knows Hu tao, she would always prank people.

"Please stop pranking me Hu tao, I'm really not in the mood-" He got cut out by Hu tao kicking the air and waving her arms in the air, a thing that Paimon would do when she's mad.. Hmm, who's Paimon? "I'm not lying!!! Go see for yourself!" She puts two of her arms in her hips. Xiao stood up, even if he didn't believe it, he knew that its best for him to check. It's his 'future boyfriend' after all.

He peaked at Venti who was smiling with his friends, he was waving at them. It seems like he's gonna leave, to go to the bathroom? Hmm, well, they all seem okay. Did he really lose his memories, or it was just another one of Hu tao's annoying little pranks? It was just the normal smiley Venti.. Nothing is wrong.. And then it suddenly came to Xiao's mind, would Venti really smile like this after he rejected him? That means he might have forgotten about the reject thingy...

Xiao felt his skin get colder, he was wearing a black jacket, yet it was still very cold for him. Almost like he didn't want to know what really happened to Venti anymore. As soon as Xiao tries to go back to his friends, Venti noticed him "Hey?" Venti said while giving him the suspicious look "You're the one who got slapped by Xiangling right? Are you somewhat.. Her ex?" He asked. Xiao's eyes widened as Venti questioned who he was. He doesn't know him at all, before he even panics, he found out that there will be no other way to keep having a connection to Venti than.. "Yes. I am her ex. That's why she slapped me, I cheated on her, I want her back. Would you help me?"

He knew that Venti will not believe him if he says the truth, so for now, he has to lie. It pained him to do it, it pained him that he has to pretend Xiangling is his ex, it pained him that he had to lie to his beloved. "Hmm, well, you have hurt her. So you have to prove yourself that you are worthy of her love again!" He crosses his arms. Xiao nodded, he can try to 'fake prove' it just so he can get close to Venti, but instead of making a move on Xiangling, he would of course make a move at Venti. As for Venti.. He didn't know why, but he felt a sting in his heart when the man agreed to be Xiagling's ex. He doesn't even know this guy, yet he felt his heart shatter into pieces just by knowing that he likes Xiangling..

"I will try to prove myself.. But you have to help me with it" Xiao said. Venti felt happy, knowing that he will get closer to this man. He knew he shouldn't be because this is Xiangling's ex, but he can't help but feel really happy with this guy. He hummed in agreement, then walked away with a smile on his face. Out of all the unknown people he encountered, this guy was really different. "Hey! Could you please not tell Xiangling about this?" He didn't want Xiangling to know, because he was only tricking Venti. It's not real that Xiangling is his ex, he's just using Xiangling so he can be close to Venti. "But why?"

"You know.. I wanna surprise her stuff like that yeah.." he made an excuse which Venti agreed to "hm okay! If that's what you want then ill keep your secret" He waved to Xiao and walked away.

Xiao was heartbroken at the moment, the one he loved couldn't remember him at all. And now he has to pretend to be Xiangling's ex. This just made everything more difficult for their love for each other. He looks up at the sky to stop the tears from going down his face. "Everything will be alright"