"These rings"

Third Person's Pov
"Hah??? You want me to be your friend?" Venti asked as he interacted with his ear to see if he heard it right. "Yeah? Because I wanna thank you for helping me with Xiangling.." Xiao responded.

"Hmm. I don't see anything wrong, so sure! I would love new friends"

He lied. He for sure sees something wrong with the both of them, there's just.. something wrong.

"Want to hang out then?" He smiled.

"Arent you supposed to think about Xiangling at these times.."

"Uh, I always think about her before I sleep..."

"Hmm, fine. Where do you want to go?"

Xiao smiled, he remembered the restaurant. He will order chicken mushroom skewer, the meal that tasted really bad. But Xiao suddenly liked it, until now he still doesn't know why it was suddenly good. But he started ordering it every time he comes into the restaurant.

"I would order chicken mushroom skewer please," Xiao said.

"uhh I'll just order the same"

The waiter once again walk away, Venti didn't know why a lot of people are looking at him.. 'Am I popular or something? Why are all these people glaring at me.." Venti thought to himself. They waited a few minutes and their order finally came.

"Here's your order mister Xiao, and mister Venti"

Venti smiled awkwardly as the waiter walked away

"How does he know me?"

"I don't know.." Xiao lied. They used to always eat here together, that's why they knew Venti.

"Weird.."

They started eating, Venti still liked the taste of the chicken mushroom skewer, gladly. "These are so good, what are they called again?" Venti said as Xiao smirked. "It's called chicken mushroom skewer, I like them too. I don't know why people say they taste bad"

"They have bad taste because this is good as hell!"

"Me and that friend of mine use to always eat here and we really love chicken mushroom skewer.."

Xiao smiled and looked up, Venti always felt connected to 'that friend' he is always talking about. Does he somehow know this friend of Xiao?

"Hey, I don't know but.. I seem to feel connected to 'that' friend of yours, may I know who 'that' is?" Venti questioned as he kept eating his food. Xiao grinned wider, Venti does still feel it.

"He's gone, I told you that yesterday, remember?"

"mm, must be sad.. Losing someone that's really important to you.."

Xiao's grin disappeared. He knew he's not gone yet. He's right in front of him, eating food. "Yeah, should we go to the mall?" Xiao asked

"Oooo!!! Sure sure" They both chuckled.

-

"Why are we here in the headphone sections?" Venti questioned

"Nothing, this just brings back memories for me.. Does it bring some memories back for you too?" He asked back.

"Sorry but I don't seem to remember anything from this place, all there are here are some cute headphones with cat ears.." He shrugged his head.

"It's okay, hold on. I'll just buy something"

Xiao left Venti for a while. Venti was looking around things until he noticed, the ring on his hand. They're really pretty.. 'But why is it letter X? My name starts with V..' He thought to himself.

"Hey I'm back" He handed Venti some flowers, which made his face heat up.

"W-whats this for Xiao?"

"I'm practicing.. You know I'm gonna do this with Xiangling in the future right?" He scratches the back of his neck

"Oh.. Yeah" He felt heartbroken by it, but at least he is helping Xiao with his love life.

-

They decided to go home, Xiao volunteered to take Venti home. So they were now in Xiao's car. Xiao remembered one place, but they're not gonna go there. They're just gonna check..

"Venti, look" He pointed at the window and smiled

"A hotel..? What's wrong with it?"

This is where they did it on their first day being sex partners, remembering it all just makes Xiao miss him more. How come all their childish arguments turn into something like this? How come all their daily kisses turn into a distance? How come all the memories disappear........

Xiao didn't want to make it awkward, so he comes up with an idea

"This is where I'm taking Xiangling in the future" He smirked

"EW!! STOP IT, GROSS"

Venti started hitting Xiao in the arms gently while he drives.

He got hurt by it, it wasn't disgusting or anything. Having sex is never dirty, but it pained Venti's heart, he knew it was wrong, he knew he shouldn't. But he keeps falling deeper for this other young man deeper.. 'I'm not supposed to... Stop Venti, he loves Xiangling'

Ahh.. Forbidden love..

-

I wanted to try a different writing style and I don't like this one so I'm going back to my normal writing style tomorrow 😭