4

This is the rewritten version of chapter four.

-

Venti and Xiao were sipping Slurpees right in the morning, waiting for class. It has become usual for them to meet each other before school starts. They're like best friends who talk shit about people that walk past them. That's their relationship if you look through it carefully, like they weren't fuck buddies. They're literally just best friends!

“Ugh, look at this woman,” Xiao showed his phone screen to Venti, showing his ex's desperate messages, wanting him back. Venti had to cover his mouth to stop his laughs, why would a girl like her beg for a man?! She's so pretty! She can pull off better guys than... Desperately begging for one to be with you when he does not want to.

“Just block,”

“Good idea, sis.”

They both laughed, until Kai came. “Yo! Morning, Ven. This is the Tupperware from yesterday, that was good! Must be the greatest lunch I've had.”

“Thank you! I'll cook more for you tomorrow!”

When the man left, Venti saw Xiao's crossed arms with his sharp glare. “How nice would it be to have a culinary arts student friend,” he rolled his eyes before looking away, was he angry?

“You good? What did I do?”

“Can you cook some for me too? I want to taste your cooking,”

“The cooking... Or the cooker?” Venti winked, giving him a teasing smirk. “I'd actually fuck you in the bathroom stalls again if I get hard.” oh. That made him lean back. Definitely not planning to have his ass fucked literally before an exhausting lesson, considering that he was a person who has a small stamina bar.

“No thanks,”

Xiao grabbed his bag and left the Slurpee on the bench they were sitting on, it was so hot that it was already melted. “Cook for me, okay? I expect them tomorrow.”

“Whatever,”

While Xiao was on his way to his department, Venti was trying to think what food he should give him... I mean, I'm sure that Xiao will appreciate whatever he gives him, but then again... He wanted to give him the best.

Maybe he should just think about it later.

No pressure, it causes a lot of trouble.

When school finished, he went home immediately and did some research while munching on a strawberry-flavored candy. He has been eyeing this one recipe called... Almond tofu. They said that Xiao loves it very much, I think this is the best choice yet, right?

He went to the kitchen to see whether he had enough ingredients, he was missing... Almond milk.

He went to the nearest grocery store to buy the things he needed, while searching for the one that has the biggest quality yet cheapest price — Venti and his motherly instincts — he heard commotions beside him.

When he looked over to see who it was...

He almost dropped whatever was in his hand.

It was Xiao holding another woman's waist, laughing as they say things to each other that Venti could not hear.

Does Xiao even know he's here? It seems that they have their own world that Venti was irrelevant to... Wow. He was a fool. What made him think that Xiao was actually not a two-timer?

Not that he should get affected, they're not in a relationship... But he still felt betrayed because Xiao said that he wouldn't go out with people as long as he and Venti stops in whatever they had going on.