5

This is the rewritten version of chapter five.

-

Only in a few days and it will be Venti's birthday.

He didn't really know how he'll celebrate it... Does he even want to celebrate it? It's not like it matters to him anymore, he wasn't a kid anymore.

But it seems like his friend has a plan for him.

"Been a while since we've last gone to a mall, maybe we can go there? I'll invite your boyfriend."

Venti's eyebrows furrowed, trying to figure out what she was trying to say. "Xiao? Is he not your boyfriend?"

"He's not, we're just... Uh, I don't know... We fuck. That's it."

The girl's eyes slowly widen as they cover their mouths with their hands... They didn't know this was already happening, mostly because Venti never talked about it.

"Omg ka! Why didn't you spill the tea?! And where the hell did our Venti go?! You're better than this!" he rolled his eyes as he inserts a chip inside his mouth. "Hoy, accla, be careful around that man, you'll never know what's inside his mind. But we all know what he is like, just don't fall too hard... I'm afraid that there's no going back once you do."

"Don't worry, I know the lines and I am very aware of what we are. Plus, he knows how to reassure me that he wouldn't fuck me while going out with others too, he's not a two-timer."

"Let's hope not."

They all laughed, still talking about his birthday. I guess they're going to the mall. Venti has to admit that he misses the cold air inside one, the loud noises from all the people around. Ever since college, he kind of stopped enjoying his life.

He dedicated his time to studying, while his friends were out there partying and having fun, he was at his desk having a headache from hours of studying.

It was his birthday anyways, it was his cheat day.

"What do you want for your birthday?" Venti was brushing his teeth when Xiao talked from behind. It isn't unusual for him to stay over at Xiao's apartment. They've done it for so many times, but it doesn't mean that they always fuck! Sometimes, Venti just finds himself going here to pass time... Or whenever he was bored. Or when he needs someone.

Yeah, I know. This is dangerous for his heart.

"You don't have to give me anything."

"Hm? But I want to."

"It's not required."

"Why do you not want anything from me? I can give you a picture of my body." he laughed, flexing his small arm muscles. Venti rolled his eyes before rinsing his mouth. "You don't even have a big muscle."

"Ouch! Is that an insult? You will see, in a few years, you're going to drool over my body. Do you see my stomach? There will abs there very soon."

"Sure," Venti smiled before looking at him, Xiao's eyes were stuck to him, the distance between them slowly decreasing each second.

The last thing I know was that Venti's back was already pinned against the counter while his hands were wrapped around Xiao's neck-the sound of the kissing echoing around the bathroom.