Did it Hurt When You Fell?

"Captain Y/N, are you okay?!" Amber exclaims in concern as she hops down from the balcony. She stares at Y/N and Diluc glaring at each other. Should I leave...?

"I'm fine, Amber." Y/N replies to Amber in a stern voice.

Yikes! Y/N is scary when she glares like that. Amber thinks to herself.

"Thanks to me." Diluc adds in an irritated tone while dusting himself off.

Y/N scoffs. "What are you even doing here? I thought you're 'not made of time'." Y/N quotes his words from yesterday.

"Am I not allowed at my own tavern?" Diluc hisses out.

Oh. Right. "Well, you almost never come into the city unless you have to." Y/N states. "Do you want me to check if you're here before walking by everytime I come here? I'm a little busy to do that."

"Busy chasing cats, I see." Diluc replies, gesturing towards the black furball in Y/N's arms.

"Busier than you, if you're spending your time arguing with me." The Captain responds.

"Actually, I came here because I have things to do." Diluc says before pushing past Y/N and walks into the tavern.

"Come on, Amber." Y/N huffs. "Let's return this Prince to his Queen."

"O-Okay." Amber stammers, a bit taken aback by the hostility between Y/N and Diluc she'd just witnessed.

As the two walk away from the tavern, Amber can't help but get curious as to what happened back there. "U-Uhm, if you don't mind me asking, do you and Sir Diluc not get along?" Amber asks.

"Me get along with that prickly Tomato-head?" Y/N scoffs. "Absolutely not. He's infuriating."

Amber blinks, never having seen the friendly Captain Y/N be this mad. She's livid. "Is there something that happened between the two of you?"

"He's hated me ever since I joined the Knights. I didn't even know him, but he didn't approve of the Knights letting in a Fontaine runaway from a Fatui family." Y/N explains. "If I'm not a Knight of Favonius, I'm quite literally nothing. I'm not the most athletic, the smartest, the most artistic, or anything. So, of course, I wasn't going to let this asshole look down on me." 

Y/N takes a deep breath in and out, calming down. "Sorry, I shouldn't be raving like this. That was unprofessional of me."

Amber lets out a small laugh. "No offence, but you're not known for being the most formal Captain in the Ordo Favonius."

Y/N smiles. "At least you all know, then. I don't have to pretend to be anything I'm not."

The pair returns Prince to Margaret and Y/N lectures her on keeping an eye on this athletic-ass cat. By the time Amber and Y/N had parted ways, the sun had disappeared and the moon had risen to take its place.

As Y/N walks down the stone street to her house, a presence appears behind her. "Boo!"

Y/N's hand froze above the hilt of her rapier as she turned to face Kaeya standing next to a tall woman with emerald green eyes, a purple witch's hat, and a matching dress. "It's just you, Kaeya, Lisa." Y/N breathes out a sigh of relief.

The two chuckle. "I got you, didn't I?" Kaeya says with a smirk.

"Yeah, almost got your head sliced off." Lisa jokes, gesturing to my hand still overing over my weapon. I quickly let my hand fall down to my side, linking arms with Lisa as we walk.

"Y/N wouldn't hurt her favourite captain." He responds.

Y/N rolls her eyes with a smile. "I'm my favourite captain. You're a close tenth, though." She jokes.