Unspoken Words

"Thanks, Adelinde." Y/N thanks the maid who showed her the way to Diluc's room- albeit she somewhat remembers from her last investigation here.

Despite Diluc being extremely quiet, his occasional comments during their walk here were anything but innocent.

"My bedroom? Y-"

"Don't you dare." Y/N hisses, not ready for any more of his suggestive comments. I'm going to pass away at this rate. Y/N takes Diluc's arm off her shoulders and pushes him onto the queen-sized bed. He lands onto the maroon velvet duvet as Y/N shuts the door.

This place hasn't changed one bit. Y/N thinks as she looks around the room that seems identical to when she and Kaeya came in here. A dark desk stands opposite the bed with all the same stationery, and the books on the shelves seem to be lined up and organized as if nobody had touched them at all. The sole difference is now the room seems less lifeless with her and Diluc in it.

"You're going to leave, aren't you?" Diluc asks, sitting up on the bed.

Y/N lets out a sigh, standing in front of him. "I suppose I have to stay since I said I would." She responds. "I'll leave as soon as you fall asleep."

"Then I just won't fall asleep." He declares.

"We'll see about that after you get ready for bed." Y/N chuckles at the sleepy tone of his voice. She closes the curtains, letting only the slightest sliver of moonlight peek into the room and shuts the lights. She then helps him slip off his blazer and hangs it over the chair at his desk.

"Should I undress you too?" He asks, standing up from the bed.

"No, no." Y/N quickly responds, hastily pushing him back on the bed.

Y/N can hear the sounds of his movement as he sits up. "You're trying to make me tired, aren't you?" He says out loud into the dark.

"Obviously." Y/N chuckles, looking at his dark silhouette sitting on the bed, facing her. The glow of the moon peeking out of the curtains draws a beam across their faces.

Diluc suddenly grasps her wrist, pulling her towards him.

"Diluc!" Y/N exclaims in shock as her hand lands on his shoulder to catch herself from completely falling over as she stands between his legs.

He stares into Y/N's eyes, his face illuminated by the moonlight. "How can I fall asleep when you're right here?"

"And what is that supposed to mean?" Y/N teases him despite the blush coating her cheeks and the sounds of her heart drumming in her ears.

"What do you want it to mean?" He shoots back before standing up, towering over her figure. Y/N can vaguely make out his half-lidded, sleepy expression from the moonlight. The hand that was once around Y/N's wrist grips the edge of her blazer.

The air between the two is electrifying, their faces barely inches away from each other. Y/N feels as if her nerves are set alight as Diluc slips off her blazer. The feeling of his hands brushing her arms sends shivers down her spine and tingles across her skin. His other hand snakes up to hold her chin up gently. His breath brushes her lips, the scent of alcohol filling her nose. She watches as his scarlet eyes flicker down towards her lips.

"W-Wait, stop." Y/N suddenly pushes against his chest, putting space between the two. "You're drunk."

I can't take advantage of him when he's like this. "I'm not going to let you do anything you'll regret when you sober up."

"Why would I regret this?" Diluc asks.

"Y-You're not in your right mind." Y/N stammers. "I shouldn't let you do anything stupid."