Spilling Secrets

Like a single frame from a film, none of them dare to move. It seems as if even the candles in the lamps and the curtains swaying in the wind stop. Y/N hisses out, "Put your weapon away, Fatui."

-----

The Agent looks over at Y/N. "Hah, Knights of Favonius?" He scoffs. The smell of smoldering flames emitting from the Agent fills Y/N's nostrils. "What are you doing out here?"

"My business is none of your concern." Y/N glares at him.

"You are the one concerned with my business."

"Your business is extortion." Y/N hisses. "I'll ask again. Put your weapon away." She demands. The Fatui Agent reluctantly puts down his blade as Y/N withdraws her rapier from his throat.

"Extortion? Don't make me laugh." He snarls. "This man has a debt to pay and thinks wringing me of my mora and time is a good idea."

"Usually, deciding not to murder someone isn't considered a debt." Diluc mutters as he stands in front of Ji Tong protectively. "If he isn't worth your time, then leave. Find another Light Refractor."

The Agent chuckles darkly at Diluc's words before looking him and Y/N up and down. "Oh, you know, don't you? Let me guess, you're the Knights from Mondstadt investigating the exploded buildings?"

Y/N's eyes widen for a split second as she clenches her jaw. She doesn't respond to his question.

"Who told you, hm? Who told you!?" He shouts as his laughs turn into snarls. "Was it that traitor, Igor? I bet Igor told you all about our secrets, didn't he?!" He draws his blades again and slashes at Y/N. She quickly moves to the side to dodge, his blade barely grazing her cheek. The Fatui Agent begins to fade from view as he turns invisible, an annoying ability of all Agents.

Y/N backs up to stand next to Diluc, protecting Ji Tong. The Agent's footsteps can be heard walking around them as they all stay dead silent. Suddenly, Diluc reaches a hand out, grasping something as his palm ignites into flames. The silhouette of the Fatui Agent is now outlined in red embers as Diluc's pyro is applied to the Agent. Diluc's hand grabs him by the jaw as he hisses in pain at the burning flames.

As the Agent reaches for one of his blades, Diluc quickly turns him around and pins him down on the ground. His movement is so swift that Y/N barely saw a blur. 

Woah, that was kind of hot. Y/N thinks before shaking her head mentally. Get back on track. Y/N walks in front of the two, the Agent's gaze is trained at Y/N's shoes as he struggles underneath Diluc. "You seem to know a lot. How about we make a little deal? Answer some questions and you'll get to go back to your little Fatui friends." Y/N crouches down to his level, glaring down at the Agent.

The Agent scoffs. "You're not going to kill me. You Knights never solve things with death."

"Who said I would kill you?" Y/N asks, drawing her rapier. "You have many areas on your body for me to cut that wouldn't kill you." She states, though she hopes it won't come to that. "Though, my rapier is coated with venom, so enough non-lethal cuts would eventually kill you, anyway."

The Agent lets out huff of rueful laughter. "How do I know you're not bluffing?"

Y/N frowns. "I was only half-bluffing." She runs the tip of her rapier across his jaw, creating a small cut. She holds back the urge to grimace. Since she usually only kills monsters like hilichurls and abyss mages, she feels a little uncomfortable hurting a person like this.

A trickle of blood runs down the Agent's chin. He lets out a heavy breath. "Fine. What do you want to know?"

"Who is leading your mission?" Y/N demands, though she already knows the answer.