The Moon Looks Beautiful

It's okay, Y/N. She tells herself as she slowly makes her way through the trees. Don't you remember what Mona said? Stay strong and you did what was best for yourself. Ida's feelings are out of your control. She sniffles, drying her tears and recovering from the outburst earlier.

Y/N looks up at the pale moon lighting up the dark sky. It looks so lonely. Y/N thinks. Or maybe I'm the lonely one. She sighs, shaking her head as the treeline comes into view with Dawn Winery behind it. Y/N knows exactly who she wishes were here with her right now to ease the loneliness. However, his absence is her doing. She brought this upon herself.

The rustling of leaves makes Y/N stop dead in her tracks. A chills runs down her spine as she carefully turns around, looking back into the dark woods. Is it just me, or do these trees look ten times scarier now? She asks herself as she scans her surroundings even though it's impossible to see clearly in the dark.

A rustle sounds and Y/N spots a shadow slinking into the bushes. Is Ida back? Or is it some other Fatui here to get revenge? Oh Gods, what if it's a serial killer?! Y/N's heard about her fair share of serial killings back in Fontaine, but there haven't been any in Mondstadt as far as she knows. In any case, Y/N doesn't want to be the first victim.

Y/N instinctively reaches for the rapier at her side only for her hand to grasp the air. Fuck. My rapier's at home. She didn't think she would need to stab anyone at this banquet. If anything, wouldn't it be awkward for her to show up with a weapon?

Y/N rolls up her sleeves, preparing for a fight. She slowly creeps towards the bush, ready to get the jump on her attacker.

"Meow." A small, black creature waltzes out of the leaves and begins to rub against Y/N's legs.

Y/N drops her fists to her side, letting out a sigh of both relief and annoyance. Y/N scoops up the familiar black cat into her arms. "Prince, why do you always cause so much trouble for me, hm?" She asks as if the cat can understand english. She scratches the feline under his chin, earning a few purrs of approval.

A branch snaps behind her. Y/N's heart leaps out of her chest as both she and Prince freeze on the spot. The cat was a diversion! Y/N thinks as Prince leaps out of her arms and runs towards the direction of the sound.

Y/N can hear Prince's purrs from behind her and lifts a brow in confusion, but still is too afraid to turn around. A hand lands on her shoulder and she quickly grabs it, pinning the figure up against the nearest tree.

Y/N's eyes widen as her eyes land on a head of bright red hair, albeit considerably less vibrant in the darkness of the woods. "Oh my Gods, Diluc! I'm so sorry!" Y/N quickly lets go of the poor man and backs away.

"Glad to know you're still alive and kicking..." He mumbles, rubbing his wrist.

Y/N frowns, remembering that they haven't really spoken since he left her in the infirmary. "Maybe you would have known earlier if you actually came to see me."

Diluc winces slightly as if Y/N had physically struck him. "Sorry about that."

Y/N huffs before scooping up Prince back in her arms and resuming her path to the Dawn Winery. Even though she's relieved that he wasn't some murderer, Y/N doesn't think it's a good idea to see him right now, no matter how badly she wants to. Diluc quickly catches up to her with his long strides, matching her pace.

"Where's that Fatui I saw you walk off with?" Diluc asks.

"Oh, she left already." Y/N responds curtly, not wanting to get into her and Ida's argument. To be honest, she didn't think Diluc saw her and Ida from where she left him and Donna. Speaking of which... "What happened to Donna?"