The Day's End

Y/N and Jean burst through the doors of the Cathedral's Infirmary. Y/N doubles over, trying to catch her breath. She and Jean had just ran across Mondstadt and up all the stairs to the Church.

"Donna, are you...alright?" The tone of Jean's concerned voice changes quickly as she looks ahead at the brunette sitting in the infirmary bed.

Y/N stands upright again, her eyes landing on a certain redhead standing in the infirmary next to Donna who seems to be as red as his hair at the moment.

Donna fervently nods. "Of course I'm alright! I couldn't be any better! I'm actually feeling as fit as a fiddle, right now!" She sputters.

Y/N deadpans at her, putting two and two together. She probably screamed because of this idiot. Y/N thinks as she glares at Diluc, who just made Jean and her sprint across the city. "Why are you literally everywhere?"

Diluc crosses his arms. "I came into the city to see a collapsed building and one of your- Knights," Y/N could tell he wanted to put some negative adjective before the word 'Knights'. "Said I need to come to the Chapel."

"Did you request him here?" Y/N asks Donna.

Donna shakes her head. "W-Well, not exactly. I think I might've went on a rant and mentioned his name. I'm so sorry for bothering you!" Donna exclaims covering her face with her hands in embarrassment. "I-I didn't mean to scream earlier, either. I was just shocked at your sudden appearance."

A giggle suddenly sounds from behind us. A girl with blonde pigtails and blue eyes opens the door. Jean's younger sister, a deaconess, healer, and Mondstadt's idol; Barbara, walks into the room. "I'm sure you shocked everyone else with your scream." She light-heartedly comments. "No need to feel embarrassed. You're probably a bit shaken up from what just happened."

"Shaken up from seeing the love of her life, or having her workplace collapse?" Y/N mutters under her breath quietly so no one can hear.

"Anyway, other than that broken ankle, you have no other physical injuries. So, once you feel ready, you can leave." Barbara states.

"Thank y- ah!" Donna stumbles as she tries to get up from the infirmary bed. Diluc quickly catches her by the arm and stabilizes her. Donna's cheeks flush pink. "T-Thank you."

Y/N bites the inside of her cheek, a strange feeling arising in her chest. Perhaps she wants to laugh. Diluc does look a bit strange holding a straight face while in a scene that looks as if it were pulled straight out of a romcom.

"Actually," Jean interjects. "While we're here, can we ask some questions?"

Diluc lets out a huff. "If I'm not needed, I'll be leaving." He says before briskly walking out of the infirmary.

Donna's smile falters for a moment as Y/N watches her gaze follow the male out the door. "Oh, uhm, yes." She finally responds.

"Great." Jean takes a seat at the end of the infirmary bed. "You mentioned seeing a man with an anemo vision using his powers to destroy the shop. Can you describe to us what he looked like?"

"Well, Flora and I just came back from a little lunch break. When we reached the shop, I saw a man standing in front of it with an anemo vision. He was moving the winds like a tornado or hurricane to rip apart the store." Flora states.

"What did he look like?" Y/N repeats.

Flora opens her mouth, but hesitates. "Oh, I uh...I can't seem to remember." Flora hums. "I saw a vision wielder, I'm sure of it! I just don't remember what he looked like..." She trails off.

That's what Dagna and Bluma said, too. Y/N thinks.

"Did you or Flora happen to own anything with Cor Lapis in it?" Jean asks.