Everything Leads Back to You

"Did it hurt?"

"Huh?"

"When you fell....from the balcony?"

-----

"AHAHAH!" Kaeya bursts into laughter.

Y/N pushes Diluc's face away as he backs up. "That was pathetic." She chuckles as she tries to calm her way-too-rapidly beating heart.

Lisa shakes her head, a playful grin on her lips. "Well, we all have our strengths and weaknesses." She drinks the last of her wine, emptying the glass and asking Diluc for a refill.

Y/N gulps down the rest of her drink, attempting to recover from that. Whatever that was. Diluc refills her glass. "Why did I have to be the test subject?" Y/N grumbles to herself. "I already suffered enough embarrassment."

Lisa chuckles, pointing to a group of women on the other side of the tavern, staring at Y/N so intensely, they're piercing holes into her skull. "Though I'm sure they would've killed to be in your spot a few moments ago."

"You're already embarrassing everyday." Diluc remarks. "You should be used to it at this point."

Y/N glares at the redhead who seems to be occupied washing glasses, but clearly has a lot to say. "How am I embarrassing?"

"You spent an entire day looking for a cat, fell off a balcony trying to catch said cat, investigated a rumor just to end up with nothing, and blushed a moment ago when I tested that pick-up line on you."

Fuck. It was noticeable?! Y/N flushes with embarrassment. "Anyone would blush if someone got that close. You're an asshole." She takes big gulps of her drink, drowning out her embarrassment with alcohol.

"You're annoying and a hypocrite." Diluc retorts.

"Well, you're irritating." Y/N's words came out a bit slurred. The alcohol is definitely starting to take a toll.

"The feeling is mutual." Diluc responds, still acting as if he's not listening by making the orders of other patrons.

Kaeya and Lisa sit back, sipping on their drinks and enjoying the banter between the two.

"W-Well, you're an idiot!" Y/N stammers, a bit dizzy from the wine.

"Says the one who can't catch a cat."

Y/N gulps down the rest of her drink, definitely not just tipsy anymore. Kaeya takes the glass from Y/N's hand. "I think we should slow down on the alcohol."

Y/N barely notices Kaeya took the glass away, soley focussed on thinking of a something to say. "W-Well, y-you're ugly!" She sputters.

"Lying now, are we?"

"That wasn't supposed to be a compliment." Y/N mumbles. "Stop twisting my words or else!"

"Or else what?" Diluc meets Y/N's gaze, narrowing his eyes at her.

Y/N abruptly stands up, the barstool scraping the floor as it's pushed back. "Are you challenging me?"

"Okaaaay." Lisa gets up, putting her hand on Y/N's shoulder. "Don't you think it's time to go, Sir Kaeya?"

Kaeya stands up from his seat as well. "Aw, I wanted to see how this would end."

"It ends by either Diluc or Y/N getting seriously injured and us receiving an earful from Master Jean." Lisa says to Kaeya.

"That doesn't sound too bad, to be honest." Lisa shoots Kaeya a threatening smile. "Alright, alright. I get it." Kaeya slings one of Y/N's arms over his shoulder, slipping an arm around her waist to support her weight.