Drunken Truth

A/N: Sorry, this chapter is kinda pretty long ahahhfdhsjbds 😅

"Here we are." Y/N and Ida step into the Angel's Share tavern. Despite the sun just beginning to set, the tavern is bustling with patrons, most of which have just arrived like the two sisters.

"Ugh." Y/N groans as she spots a head of flame-red hair behind the bar. Her eyes land on another familiar figure sitting at the bar. "Oh, Kaeya!" She smiles and walks over, Ida following close behind.

"Good evening, Y/N." His silver-blue eyes flicker towards the white-blonde woman next to Y/N. "Who's this?"

Y/N's smile falls. "This is my older sister, Ida."

"Pleasure to meet you." Ida says, taking a seat on the right of Y/N who is in between Kaeya and her sister.

"Kaeya. And the pleasure is all mine." Kaeya replies, taking a sip from his wine glass. "Fatui?"

Ida nods. "Knight of Favonius?"

"Captain."

"Ah." Ida hums thoughtfully, meeting Kaeya's gaze.

"And what is a lovely Fonatine woman like yourself doing in Mondstadt?" Kaeya asks.

"I came for work-related purposes." She responds.

"You must be quite the capable woman." Kaeya smirks into his drink. Y/N knows his flirty attitude is just part of his personailty, but her sister will no doubt match it.

"Oh? What's that supposed to mean, Captain Kaeya?" Ida quirks a brow at him.

"What would you like it to mean, hm?" He doesn't break their eye contact.

"Whatever it is, I'm sure your intentions are nothing but innocent." Ida grins.

"Oho, is that right?"

Y/N shifts in her seat as a moment of silence passes. "Alright!" She abruptly exclaims, interrupting their banter. "I came here to get you some wine, not watch my sister flirt with my coworkers."

What sounds like a quiet snicker comes from the bartender who has, without a doubt, been eavesdropping on their conversation while taking orders and making drinks.

"Two sparkling Dandelion Wines." Y/N orders.

Ida takes a look at Diluc tending the bar. "Is this the guy you were with earlier?" She asks Y/N.

"Unfortunately." Y/N mutters.

"Does he work here?" Ida questions.

"Not exactly." Y/N replies. "He's the owner of the Dawn Winery. He's only here rarely. Hopefully, less often." She whispers the last bit.

"I can hear you." Diluc says before placing two glasses of dark wine in front of the sisters.

Ida laughs lightly before taking a sip of the drink. "Wow," She says before taking another sip. "Rich and smooth." Y/N takes a sip of her drink as well.

"I never got your name." Ida says, looking at the redhead working behind the bar.

He doesn't respond as he continues to prepare drinks, likely not realizing Ida was referrring to him. "Tomato-head, she's talking to you." Y/N says.

"Ah, Diluc Ragnvindr." Diluc replies, turning to face her and shaking her outstretched hand.

"A gentleman." Ida hums thoughtfully as Y/N watches her sister warily. I guess I can get some information out of her once she's a little tipsy. Y/N thinks.

"So, Diluc Ragnvindr." Ida starts. "If I remember correctly, my sister mentioned you have women 'fawning' over you? I can see why." She mumbles the last bit. "Do you have a wife?"