Sly

Renee shifts uncomfortably in her seat as she picks at the food on her plate. Y/N had the right idea to leave. She notes as she watches the commotion breaking out amongst her family members.

She spots Ida quickly getting out of her seat and sneaking away amongst the racket. Where is she going? Renee narrows her eyes as she watches her older cousin slip out of the dining room. 

I might as well leave, too. Renee quietly gets out of her seat and follows Ida into the hallway. As Renee is about to turn the corner, the sound of an unfamiliar voice stops her.

"She's heading to the Muguet Inn." A man's voice states.

Renee watches the shadows cast on the wall around the corner conversing with one another.

"Did she meet with the lawyer?" Ida's voice asks.

"Yes. I've been watching her make plans since she was in Mondstadt." The man responds.

"Alright. Keep a close eye on her, but make sure she doesn't catch you. She's a lot sharper than she seems. I can easily have you replaced." Ida states before the taller shadow of the man turns and walks off. Renee catches the sounds of the front doors shutting, followed by Ida's footsteps approaching. 

Crap! Renee quickly ducks into the kitchen as she watches Ida walk back into the dining room. Were they talking about Y/N? Renee wonders as she steps out of the kitchen once the coast is clear. Don't jump to conclusions. She warns herself. Nothing about that conversation said anything about Y/N. Still, a knot twisting in her gut persists. Let's just check to see if she's at the Muguet Inn. Better safe than sorry.

-----

Diluc opens the front door of the Dawn Winery before saying a quick "No" and slamming it shut again.

"Please! It's important!" Donna shouts from the other side, completely covered in snow from how long she's been standing there. Her persistent knocking echoes through the Dawn Winery.

Archons, how does Adelinde deal with people like her every day? Diluc wonders with a sigh. His maids had left for their week-long break this morning shortly after Y/N departed to Fontaine. He even insisted Adelinde take a break this year as she usually chooses to be the only one to stay during the holidays. Diluc simply wants some time to himself. 

As he turns to walk towards the study, Donna's voice cries out, "It's about Y/N! I think she's in trouble!"

Diluc stops in his tracks, weighing the chances of Donna lying. Y/N said that she wouldn't be a bother anymore. Diluc grumbles. Idiot. Both he and Y/N are idiots. Y/N for being so trusting of someone who hurt her, and Diluc for opening the door.

"What about Y/N?" Diluc mutters as he glares down at Donna.

Donna shoves the neat stack of letters from the Fatui in his hands. "Listen, you're the only other person I know for sure knows about Y/N's contract with the Fatui."

"And whose fault is that?" Diluc grumbles before taking the envelopes. 

Donna lets out a nervous chuckle. "Sorry. But that's not the point! The point is the Fatui is grilling me for information on Y/N." She explains. "I didn't give them any, obviously." She adds once she sees the judgemental look on Diluc's face. "They keep asking me stuff like if Y/N has citizenship here, a gliding licence, or other legal junk I have no clue about."

Diluc's brows furrow. Did they find out Y/N is trying to make a court case?

Donna clears her throat to catch Diluc's attention again. "Are you going to let me in or just make us both stand out here in the cold?"