Unravelling

The Muguet Inn's lobby is quiet when Y/N enters. The receptionist seated behind the front desk looks absolutely miserable. She's slumped over the desk with her head in her hands and bags hanging heavy under her shut eyes. She seems almost as bleak as Y/N feels. Y/N thought she would be well on her way back to Mondstadt by now and thus hadn't booked any more days at the Inn. Curse her for getting her hopes up.

"Um, hello?" Y/N asks as she walks up to the desk. The clock hanging on the wall behind the receptionist strikes 2:00.

The receptionist's eyes shoot open immediately as she sits up straight. "Welcome to Muguet Inn. How can I help you?" She says quickly.

Y/N recalls that she's the same receptionist usually sitting here during the day as well. Is she here 24/7?!

"Uh, hi. I was supposed to check out of my hotel room two hours ago, and I've been wondering if my room was cleared out?" Y/N asks.

The receptionist stifles a yawn. "Room number?"

"102," Y/N states. She watches the receptionist get up from her spot and walk into a room behind the desk. She comes out a few moments later with a golden-framed luggage trolley with Y/N's bag.

"We just stuffed everything that doesn't belong to the hotel in there," She explains. "We won't be responsible for any lost items. You better check out on time, missy! No matter what you're out doing..." She adds, eyeing Diluc who's standing outside the glass doors waiting for Y/N.

Y/N's face flushes before quickly grabbing her things from the trolley.

"Hey, no judgment here," The receptionist says groggily, leaning her head back in her hand on the desk. "He's a catch."

"T-Thank you...?" Y/N awkwardly responds. "Uh, Goodnight." Y/N quickly turns and walks out of the Inn. Clearly, the receptionist thought she and Diluc were doing other things at this time of night other than breaking into her lawyer's office. To be fair, they do look a little dishevelled from crawling around the vents.

"That was quick," Diluc remarks as Y/N emerges from the doors, stepping out into the streetlamp-lit road.

"Y-Yep!" Y/N stammers, distracting herself from what the receptionist insinuated by rifling through her things, ensuring nothing's missing.

Diluc shoots her a questioning look but doesn't comment as they walk down the cobbled street. Instead, he changes the subject, "Come on, let's get to the hotel as soon as possible so we can get at least a few hours of sleep."

Y/N shoots him a confused look. "To your hotel?"

"You didn't think I would make you find some other hotel at this hour or go to your parent's house, did you?" Diluc states with a slight grin.

Y/N chuckles, turning her head back towards the path ahead of them. "I guess not."

"But, there's only one bed, so we'll have to share." Diluc's crimson gaze flickers to the woman next to him from the corner of his eye. "Nothing we haven't done before."

Y/N smiles gratefully. "Thank you, Diluc."

"Well, it's the common sense thing to do. You practically live at the Winery half the time already."

"I was just borrowing your study. Not my fault you have more books on Fontaine law than the Favonius Library." Y/N retorts, though most of those books are business-oriented for Dawn Winery purposes.

"Speaking of law, what's your plan?" Diluc questions.

Y/N hums thoughtfully. "Until we broke into Lilia Moreau's office, I didn't have a plan. I guess I was busy wallowing in the feeling of my world ending." She jokes half-heartedly despite it being the truth. "I suppose I should find a new lawyer first, preferably one that doesn't work for Ida."