A Message from the Stars

"Excuse my brash language but," Mona looks at Y/N with a seriousness in her eyes. "Your life is about to be a shit-show."

-----

"Tell me something I don't know." Y/N jokingly scoffs.

"Well, you better heed the stars' warning. You haven't seen anything yet." Mona states as her hands hover over the glossy surface of the crystal ball. "I'm seeing a lot of black cats."

Prince- Margaret's rebellious cat, comes to mind. I've been seeing that cat a lot these past few months.

Mona studies Y/N's expression carefully before continuing, "A common misconception is that black cats bring bad luck, but in your case, they're a sign of big changes. How you respond to those changes may draw negative or positive energies to you." Y/N nods along as she listens to Mona. "I'm feeling a lot of masculine energy. This cat may have lead you to this masculine presence and I'm also feeling very heavy here," Mona gestures to her chest. "Like a gut-wretching feeling. Maybe there's been some discourse between you and a man in your life."

The corners of Y/N's subtly turn down into a frown, knowing exactly what Mona is talking about.

"I'm also seeing a lot of clocks and calendars. Do you perhaps have to go on a vacation soon or are you moving?" Mona asks and Y/N nods.

"I'm actually going to Fontaine in a few months." Y/N responds.

"And I'm guessing you don't want to go?" Mona asks and Y/N nods. "Well, I don't think you'll be there for as long as you think. Be very careful while you're there, as well. I'm getting the sense that something traumatic has happened in Fontaine before and you haven't fully healed yet."

Y/N's eyes widen. She has never told anyone about her family in Fontaine besides Jean and a few other important members of the Ordo Favonius.

"The stars don't lie." Mona mutters, seeing Y/N's expressions. "You're a bit of a skeptic, right?"

"I'd say I'm a realist." Y/N clarifies.

Mona shakes her head. "You're actually quite open-minded compared to other skeptics I've met. This open mindedness is going to help you a lot tonight."

"Tonight?"

"You're going to the Wine-Tasting party at the Dawn Winery, yes?" Mona questions.

"Yes, but how did you know?"

Mona sighs and responds in a tone that makes it seem as if Y/N had asked a stupid question, "The stars, silly." Mona turns to her crystal ball again and gazes intently at the clear, glass sphere. Y/N follows her stare but only sees a warped infirmary room through the round orb. "I'm seeing someone close to you who is holding you back. They might present themselves as someone you cares about you, but they are selfish and are sending you negative energy."

Mona furrows her brows as she looks up to meet Y/N's eyes. "You're going to run into them very soon and probably tonight. You need to remember that you're strong and you did what was best for yourself."

Y/N nods, digesting Mona's advice. Even if Y/N doesn't fully believe in astrology, if she is receiving such specific advice, she should take it.

"Have you had a fight with a close friend recently? I'm seeing a bit of a rift between you and someone you hold dear. Perhaps there's some kind of past trauma or healing you both have to do before you can reconnect again."

Y/N chews on her lip. Is she talking about Diluc? Y/N thinks as she listens.

"It feels like you are also intentionally making the rift bigger. You want to reach out for them, but your actions and feelings are contradicting. Perhaps this has to do with you leaving for Fontaine soon, but I think you're digging yourself into a grave." Mona states before looking at Y/N's crestfallen face. "I think you know exactly who I'm talking about."

"That was scarily accurate." Y/N nods with a sigh. "But It's too late. I've already decided to set him up with someone else. Someone who has had feelings for him since forever and is dedicated. Everything about her is totally unlike me." A lump begins to form in the back of her throat as she chokes out her next words. "Compared to her, I'm only second-best." Y/N almost wants to laugh at the irony of those words. She truly is cursed, isn't she?

Mona shakes her head. "Thinking like that won't solve anything and I'm getting the sense you have a habit of running from your problems. You need to face them head on, and if you don't, all you will be left with is regret."

Mona stands up, putting her crystal ball into her leather bag. "That is all the stars are allowing me to disclose for now. Take what the stars are telling you to heart." Mona waves as she leaves the infirmary room.

As soon as the door shuts, Y/N slouches and pulls her knees up to her chest. Everything she said was spot on. However, her words only confirmed how screwed I am. It's too late. The Wine-Tasting is in a few hours. Y/N frustratedly ruffles her hair. The stars didn't warn me of shit! They're way too fucking late. I've already made my mind up. She thinks, disheartened. It's too late.

-----

"Good evening, Y/N!" Barbara's sing-song voice fills the sunset-bathed infirmary room. "Ready to be discharged?"

"Finally." Y/N smiles at Barbara tiredly. She feels thoroughly worn out, as if this predicament with Diluc and Donna has been leeching on her life-force.

Barbara's cheerful expression falters as she notices Y/N's lack of energy. "Are you feeling okay?"

Y/N nods. "I'm just really...tired. Itching to get out of here, ha."

"I heard you're off to the Wine-Tasting tonight." Barbara mentions while changing the bandages around Y/N's torso.

Y/N's eyes widen. "How did you know?"

"I might have heard a few whispers here and there." Barbara sees the worried look on Y/N's face and quickly adds, "Don't worry. I don't think Jean knows. Jean might be going, but she won't stop you from attending if you're already there."

Y/N breathes a sigh of relief. "Jean would definitely not want me up and about right after my discharge."

Barbara sighs. "I don't want you up and around either, but you seem physically well. Still, don't get into any fights and be careful! We don't want that wound opening up again."

Y/N nods and Barbara gives her a quick hug. Y/N smiles warmly. "Thanks, Barbara. I'll be careful." Y/N says. I'm not going to let my feelings or any weird astrology readings deter myself from my goals. I'm there to help Donna get with Diluc and get rid of this crush once and for all. She tells herself with determination. Who knows, maybe I can even enjoy a drink or two with Kaeya.

I've got this.