Partners

"Ugh, I'm so full!" Y/N groans as she and Diluc walk away from the Wanmin restaurant after eating with Changchang and Ji Tong.

"You're the one who ordered the entire menu." Diluc responds. Since Y/N had never been to Liyue before, she wanted to try everything. So, she did. Which may have been a bad idea in hindsight. "You'll be fine. You almost starved yesterday."

"We ate the same meals!" Y/N exclaims. "You almost starved then, too." She huffs. "Anyway, thank the Archons for Wanmin restaurant. Once we reached the restaurant, Changchang forgot all about what happened with the Fatui Agent before we even explained. Speaking of Fatui Agent, it's a good thing I brought that shard of Cor Lapis. Else, Ji Tong would have no way of fulfilling the Agent's expensive request. Y/N notes with relief as the two walk through the city.

Diluc strides alongside Y/N, following her aimlessly. "Where are we even going?"

Y/N hooks an arm around Diluc's shoulder. "Your genius partner has already thought of the next part of the plan."

"How do you have such high self-confidence but so little self-esteem?" Diluc mutters under his breath.

Y/N ignores his comment. "We're heading to the Northland Bank. The Agent said Igor stole a key to one of their vaults there. We are going to go find out whether or not he was there yet. If not, we know where he'll show up eventually, and if not, we'll have to try and find out where he went."

Diluc suddenly stops walking, causing Y/N to almost fall backward as her arm is still around him. "Ack! You're already too tall, are you trying to rip my arm off?!" Y/N doubles back to see him frowning at her. "What?"

"Are you an idiot?" He deadpans at her.

"What?!" Y/N exclaims. "What's wrong with my plan?"

"You think you can just waltz into the bank and ask the employees- who are Fatui, by the way, to let us see one of the Fatui's vaults? An important vault, too." Diluc asks with a judgemental look on his face.

"Do you have any other ideas, Tomato-head? I'm sure once I explain who I am, they'll understand. I'm authority." Y/N responds.

"Archons, you Knights of Favonius really are something." He grumbles. "We're in Liyue. You aren't authority here. If anything, you're one of the parties that the Fatui despises since your ideals clash so much."

"O-Oh..." Y/N mutters in embarrassment.

Diluc lifts Y/N's arm off of him and grabs her by the hand. "Come on. I have a better idea."

-----

"How is breaking the law a better idea?!" Y/N exclaims in shock as they stand before two Fatui members knocked out in the dim alleyway. The poor, unsuspecting man and woman had just walked down the stairs leading to the Northland Bank when they were strangled from behind.

"Relax, they aren't seriously injured. They never even saw us." Diluc states. "And don't pretend like you didn't assault a Fatui earlier this morning."

"That's completely different! It was self-defense and I'm a Knights of Favonius Captain!" Y/N retorts.

"That wasn't self defense because I already had that Agent locked down." Diluc responds. "Plus, I was a Knights of Favonius Captain, too."

"That doesn't make it better!"

Diluc shoots Y/N a knowing look. "Exactly."

Shoot. I also just used my occupation as an excuse. Y/N thinks to herself. "W-Well, these people are different! They haven't done anything! They're just innocent people."