Feelings

Y/N was, in fact, wrong.

Nothing got clearer after a good night's rest. If anything, Y/N's mind is racing with afterthoughts full of regrets and embarrassment. She groans, pulling up the linen covers over her head as she mentally punches herself over and over again in frustration.

Ida was drunk. She didn't mean a single thing she said. She doesn't even know a damn thing about me! We've met for the the first time in years! She doesn't know me or Diluc, so why should I believe anything she says?! Y/N sits up her bed, staring all the wall across from her while lost in her thoughts. She didn't know what she was talking about. There's no way I have feelings for someone like him. We've literally never got along- well, until very recently. Haha, I'm so silly... She tries to laugh out loud, but the fakeness in her tone makes her sound insane.

Letting out a groan of frustration, she kicks at the blanket, taking out her anger on the poor sheets. Plus, so what if I like him? It's just a little crush. People have crushes all the time! Unlike Donna, I'm not in love with the guy! Even if I do, what are the chances of him liking me back? Not to mention, I'm leaving Mondtstadt for Fontaine soon, there would be no time to be in a relationship, anyway! Y/N swings her legs off the bed, a heavy feeling resonating in her chest at that last thought. Yeah, that's right. It's just a little crush. I can ignore it. I don't have time to be in love.

Feeling satisfied yet complicated about her conclusion, Y/N pushes herself out of bed to get ready for work. Giving herself a few light slaps on her cheeks, she takes a deep breath. Focus on your work. You have a giant mission ahead! You need to find this camera guy from Liyue!

-----

"What do you mean 'there's no carriages'?" Y/N asks, eyes wide.

"Exactly what I said. If you're planning to go to Liyue, you'll need to walk there." Hertha, the Knights of Favonius Coordinator, tells her.

"Please, Hertha!" Y/N clutches onto the hem of Hertha's gray skirt, practically on her knees. "Liyue is two entire days away on foot! I'm the Investigative Captain, not some Olympian!" She exclaims as people- mostly adventurers here to check their bounties from the bulletain board- give them strange looks.

Hertha sighs, crossing her arms. "Captain Y/N, you're making a scene." Hertha's pleads fall on deaf ears as Y/N just looks up at the brunette with eyes of expectation.

"Get up, Y/N. I think I have an idea." Hertha says and Y/N jumps up to her feet. "We can go see if the Cavalry Captain has a horse they can spare." Hertha states and Y/N's smile falters for a moment. "...You can ride a horse, right?"

Y/N averts her gaze. "Uh, yeah! Of course!" Y/N smiles tightly.

"In the name of Barbatos..." Hertha grumbles under her breath. "Alright, go get yourself a horse. Don't come back."

"Thank you so much, Hertha!" Y/N gives the annoyed Coordinator a big hug before rushing to the Knights of Favonius Head Quarters in search of the Cavalry Captain, Kaeya.

To her dismay, Kaeya isn't present at the Head Quarters. Knowing her friend, Y/N heads to the next most likely place he would be, the tavern. Opening the door to Angel's Share, her eyes land on the Cavalry Captain sipping on a drink while Charles, an older man who usually works here, tends the bar. The tavern is quite empty considering it is still early in the day, but there are two or three other patrons sitting around.

"Kaeya." Y/N greets him as she takes a seat next to the navy-haired man. "You're drinking again? We drank last night!"

Kaeya gives her a shrug. "I have an off day. Where would be a better place to spend it other than Angel's Share."