Complications

A/N: A rough reference for Y/N's outfit in the picture above^

After taking a nice shower and getting dressed, Y/N felt rejuvenated and refreshed for the party. Not being one for super fancy dresses or expensive brands, Y/N put together the best outfit she could with her limited wardrobe before she headed over to meet with Donna.

Y/N sports a sleeveless black top and simple white slacks with golden accents and a brown belt. She wears a pale blue blazer and a pair of brown flats to top it off. However, compared to Donna's sparkling pink dress, her outfit pales in comparison. Donna's tawny brown hair is weaved into a braided bun and her emerald eyes seem to glimmer under the soft makeup.

Talk about main character energy. Y/N thinks as she turns away from Donna to sip on the wine in her glass. The entire winery grounds are covered with tables, chairs, and of course, wine. The air hums with the constant chatter of tons of Mondstadters and important-looking guests. Y/N sits with Donna at a table at the edge of all the action while they search the crowds for the red-head.

The crowds are conversing animatedly, though not in the same way as people do in Diluc's tavern. Here, there is an air of class and feels much less personal and more business-oriented. The lanterns illuminating each table and the lights strung around the fences and posts combine with the setting sun bathes the winery grounds in a golden glow.

However, the scenery doesn't match Y/N's feelings at all. Her stomach churns as she's reminded of the banquets for family events she attended when she was younger. The formal attire, rich and important people, and the alcohol is all too reminiscent. This is why I never come to these events. Y/N hums to herself regretfully.

Y/N's thoughts are interrupted by a familiar, charming voice. "Good evening, ladies." Kaeya greets as he takes a seat next to Y/N.

Y/N turns to see him dressed in a white suit with silver and navy accents. The same suit she sees him wear to every formal event he has attended ever. "You don't have anything else in your closet?" She jokes.

"Not even a hello, just straight insults." Kaeya feigns a tone of offense. "But speaking of formal events, what are you doing here? Decided to finally join in on the fun?"

Y/N gestures to Donna who is so focussed on scanning the crowds for Diluc, she doesn't even realize the Cavalry Captain has joined them. "I'm helping a hopeless romantic get with the great Master Diluc."

Kaeya looks at Y/N with a look of surprise and confusion for a split-second before his lop-sided grin returns to his face. "Playing wing-woman tonight, I see." He lifts his wineglass to his lips and takes a sip. "Well, then. I suppose I should take you to him. I'll show you where all the action is."

Donna finally looks over to Kaeya and Y/N. "You'll take us to him?"

"Definitely. Who isn't interested in the love life of the arguably most popular bachelor in Mondstadt? Only second to me, of course." Kaeya adds.

Y/N rolls her eyes. "Just take us to him."

Kaeya leads the two girls across the stone terrace and to the center of a small crowd in front of the Dawn Winery's entrance. Diluc stands in the middle of a group of wealthy-looking people (mostly comprised of young women and old men). He wears his hair in his signature high ponytail and sports a black button-up underneath a white blazer with golden accents adorned in various dainty gold chains and pins. Y/N and Diluc's eyes lock for a moment before Y/N tears her eyes away.

Kaeya waves to Diluc from a distance, but his gaze never strays from Y/N to his brother. Diluc quickly excuses himself from the conversation to join Y/N, Donna, and Kaeya.