Connections and Confessions

"You fool!" Smack. Dagna's chest heaves up and down furiously as she glares at Igor. Y/N and Kaeya lean against the metal door of the holding cell as they watch the scene unfold before them.

If looks could kill, Igor would have been long gone by now. Maybe bringing him to see his wife might have been a bad idea. Y/N thinks, her forehead creased with worry.

After returning to Mondstadt this morning, Y/N parted ways with Diluc and brought Igor to the Knights of Favonius HQ before going home to organize her things and take a quick shower. Kaeya met up with her at her house and handed her the documents he typed up on Ida as Y/N explained Igor's situation. Igor asked to see his wife and seeing no reason to refuse, Kaeya and Y/N brought Dagna to his temporary holding cell to see him.

"I did it all for you! For Bluma! For us!" Igor exclaims, the metal cuffs around his hands jingling as he speaks.

"Lies!" Dagna shouts back, her eyes brimming with angry tears. "You abandonned us! You left for months! I barely have any income, so we've been living on loans and borrowed money!" Her voice echoes throughout the room.

Kaeya glances at Y/N from the corner of his eye with an amused expression. "If only I had popcorn." He jokes.

Y/N lets out a sigh. "This isn't a soap opera. We should stop them before this escalates."She whispers.

"But the drama is quite enthralling." Kaeya whispers back with a grin.

Y/N shakes her head. "We have too many people to get through today." Including my sister. Y/N frowns as she glances at the documents in her hand. "Time is of the essence. We should wrap this up."

Kaeya lets out a sigh before walking up to the bickering couple. "Alright, alright. Your time is up. We're going to be the ones asking the questions now." Y/N walks over to stand next to Kaeya.

"First off," Y/N's eyes flicker to Dagna. "No lies. You will speak the truth and only the truth." Y/N states and Dagna nods. "Dagna, where were you the night your house was destroyed?" She asks.

"I've said before, my friend's house in the city. The same house you picked me up from this morning." She explains.

"Then tell me," Y/N looks at Dagna intently. "Why a Fatui informant of mine said you and your daughter were home that day?" Yesterday morning, the Fatui Agent Y/N interrogated had made the small, almost unnoticeable mistake of saying Igor was the only one not present the night they came to his home.

Dagna's eyes widen for a moment. "I was in the city, I swear!"

Y/N's eyes narrow. "What's your friend's name. The one you're staying with?"

"P-Percival." Dagna hesitantly says and Y/N looks over at Kaeya who shakes his head. Neither of them have heard of a Percival before.

"Percival Vontdour?!" Igor exclaims in shock. "What is he doing in Mondstadt?"

"Is this someone you know?" Y/N asks and Igor nods.

"He's a Fatui officer from Fontaine. We used to work under the same boss when he stayed in Snezhnaya." Igor explains and Y/N turns to Dagna.

"Did you know that he was Fatui?" Y/N asks Dagna who shakes her head almost too fervently.

"No! No, I swear!"

"Lies!" Igor slams his hand down on the table. "You know he was a close friend of mine!"

Dagna scowls at her husband. "Oh, shut up Igor! Do you know how distraught he was when he learned of your betrayl?! Percival told me everything!"