Green-Eyed

Pine and cranberry. Donna thinks to herself as she lights the newly purchased candles in her bedroom. Donna isn't a fan of the smell of pine, but the berry-red candle reminded her of the man she saw earlier that day. He was young and couldn't be any older than her. His blazing red hair and fiery eyes lit a flame in Donna's heart. His voice was as smooth as Dandelion Wine as he uttered a "be careful" before catching the flower pot that had fallen from Donna's hands. His charming smile and well-built figure in that Knights of Favonius uniform were the epitome of perfection.

Donna recognized him as Captain Diluc- the youngest Captain in the Ordo Favonius, but she had never seen him up close before that day. An encounter that lasted mere seconds, but left an impression for a lifetime.

From there, she started to observe him, follow him, pick up on his interests, his likes, dislikes, and those around him. She noticed how much he changed when Sir Crepus Ragnvindr passed away. The fire in his eyes gone and his cheerful smile wiped off his face. She wanted to talk to him, comfort him, but never had the courage.

But now, here she was standing right in front of him. Wow....Donna couldn't help but stare at the red-haired man in his formal wear. Donna had seen him wear the same outfit for the past three Wine-Tasting parties, but he still looked undeniably attractive.

"Y/N- and company." He greeted her, Y/N, and Kaeya.

"Hey, Diluc." Y/N responded. "Do you remember Donna?"

Donna's heart pounded in her chest as his warm, fiery eyes met her own sea-green ones. Donna raised her hand to wave shyly.

"We've met a few times before. You came to my Winery to gather Lamp Grass once and we also bumped into each other at the Cathedral."

Why does he have to remember that time at the Cathedral?! Donna cursed herself for screaming so loudly back then. Heat slowly creeped onto her face. "Oh, you remembered."

"Of course."

Donna's cheeks flared up. If she wasn't red before, she definitely was now. An awkward silence momentarily filled the air, but Donna's heart and mind were anything but quiet.

Y/N quickly took the lead and gestured to the moonpie Donna had baked for Diluc which he accepted gratefully, much to Donna's pleasure.

He's such a gentleman! Donna squealed internally.

"If Y/N says it's good, I'll make sure to enjoy it." He said with a smile.

Donna's face fell for a moment, but Diluc's polite smile quickly put a grin back on her lips.

Kaeya and Y/N then left, leaving the two alone. Things were looking up for Donna. Maybe meeting Y/N was the best thing to ever happen to her. She must remember to thank Y/N for all the help later. Things will definitely work out. Donna thought with hope brimming in her heart. And if they don't, I still have an ace up my sleeve. Surely, I won't have to use it, though. Right?

After about an hour of flusteredly blabbering on and on, Donna realized she had been the only one talking. A shadow of self-doubt crept over her as she watched Diluc reach for a glass of wine.

Alcohol? Donna questioned. Doesn't Diluc hate alcohol?

"Uhm, Di-"

"Sorry, just a moment." Diluc then walked off, leaving Donna by the table alone.

Donna frowned, her eyebrows knitting together. Am I that uninteresting? She sat alone at her table, too ashamed to go crawling back to Y/N after she set up the entire meeting for them only for Donna to fail miserably. Speaking of Y/N, Donna looked around the party, trying to find her friend. Where did she go?
Donna sighed before resting her head in her palm as she sipped on the wine. She can't say she hates wine, but she hadn't had it in a long while ever since she heard of Diluc's distaste for alcohol.