Answers

After another long day of riding on horseback, Diluc and Y/N had finally reached Liyue. The setting sun bathed the City of Contracts and its autumnal trees in a golden light. The buildings and city centre are still bustling with life as many people, including tourists, wander about. Unfortunately, the pair barely had any time to admire the area or enjoy some of the amazing cuisine as they had to start their search for Ji Tong, the camera maker.

After about an hour of asking around and nobody being of help, Y/N and Diluc are close to giving up. 

"We haven't eaten since this morning. Let's call it a day." Diluc suggests.

Y/N shakes her head. "But we're already here. We should finish this as soon as possible." She insists. "Plus, I'm not even hungry, yet."

Diluc frowns. "There's no way you aren't hungry. We had soup earlier today and that was it." He states. "We'll find him much quicker if you don't pass out from low blood sugar along the way."

Y/N lets out a sigh. "You're right." She says, defeated. "And you probably need to eat, too." 

As the two turn around to start walking towards the Wanmin Restaurant, a kid runs right into Diluc. 

"I'm sorry!" A little girl with glasses and black pigtails rubs her forehead where she ran into Diluc's belt.

He crouches down to her level, his expression softening. "Are you alright?" He asks, his voice carrying a gentleness Y/N has never heard before.

The girl nods as Diluc gently moves her hand away from her face. "It's only a little red." He says before patting her on the head.

Y/N watches the exchange with wide eyes, a smile subconsciously creeping onto her lips. Aw, who knew Diluc was so nice with kids? He seems like he'll be a great dad one day. Y/N freezes up as soon as she thinks that last thought. She blushes a bit, thankful that she didn't say it out loud.

"Are you two the ones looking for my dad, Ji Tong?" The girl suddenly asks, snapping Y/N out of her thoughts.

"Yes! Do you know where we can find him?" Y/N asks eagerly. Finally, someone who knows the guy!

"Yup! My name is Changchang and he's my dad! I'll take you to his workshop." She states. The girl suddenly pouts at the two. "But you have to pinkie promise you're not bad people, okay?"

Y/N's eyes widen in surprise. "Have you met many bad people before?"

Changchang nods. "Well, not me, but this guy in a black and red cloak and these people with masks dressed in purple sometimes come and bully my dad. Daddy says he's okay, but they made him work all night! He didn't even have time to play with me!" She holds her pinkie out. "You have to pinkie promise you aren't those bullies' friends."

Diluc locks his pinkie with hers, giving her a soft smile and so does Y/N. "I promise we're not bad people." Y/N says. "I'm actually a Knight!"

The girls eyes light up. "Wow! A knight?! Does that mean he's your princess?" She points to Diluc.

Y/N bursts out laughing and Diluc shuts his eyes with a sigh. "Yeah, he's my damsel in distress." Y/N jokes.

"Why am I the princess? And why am I her damsel in distress?" Diluc mutters under his breath. However, the little girl still heard him.

"Because you're pretty like a princess and she's a Knight! So obviously her boyfriend has to be the princess, duh!" The little girl states.

Y/N abruptly stops laughing as she chokes at the girl's words. Diluc's ears go bright red and the little girl stares up at the two in confusion. "What's wrong?" She asks.