S.O.E.

Nathan Thorn
August 20, 1944

If we're gonna make our mark, we gotta be ready for anything. Like teaming up with the S.O.E. - British Special Forces.

Daniels: Somethin' big's happenin'.

Zussman: Gotta be. Davis is here.

I overhear their conversation.

Davis: We received intelligence from the Resistance about a German train carrying V2 rockets for an attack on Paris refueling near Argentan. That gives us just enough time to move our team into position. It must be stopped. You proves yourselves in Marigny, which is why you'll get the opportunity and the privilege.

Turner: Thank you, sir, but this seems like a job for more than one platoon.

Davis: That's why I'm teaming you up with the SOE.

I hear a Jeep honking and turn to see two people step out of it. One a man and the others woman. Immediately my eyes catch her curly hair and I feel a twinge in my heart.

I feel so dumb right now. Got a little crush already.

Turner: Looks like you two caught a bit of it.

???: Don't worry Lieutenant, we saved some for you.

Davis: Agents Vivian and Crowley will lead the operation. They've been working for the Resistance for months and know the terrain well. You'll defer to them.

Vivian: We heard about Marigny. Impressive.

She walks over to the group, swinging her hips slightly.

Pierson: Can't take all the credit.

Turner: Just doin' our job.

Crowley: Yes, and a fine job it was. But a warm up, I'm afraid.

He takes out a folder and hands what looks like a photograph to Turner, who passes it to Pierson.

Crowley: Look, this is no ordinary German supply train. It's a fortress on wheels. Our liaison in the Resistance, Rousseau, will provide support, if possible. But attacks on their network can mean that we're on our own.

Davis: The fate of Paris is in your hands.

Nathan: That's real insuring, Colonel.

I say to myself as I continue listening. My eyes drift back to her but I see her staring straight at me. Almost immediately after catching her stare, she turns away quickly.

--------
Vivian Harris
August 20, 1944

I feel a pair of eyes on me throughout the little meeting with Colonel Davis. I glance around, trying to be discreet and I see a man, a soldier, looking at us. Then his eyes catch mine, and I pause for just a moment.

I can see the blue of his eyes. They're really quite something. I feel my heart strings pull slightly. I feel m breath get caught in my throat and I quickly turn away from the man.

He had strange little drawings of some sorts on his helmet which isn't common for the US Army.

Who is he?

------------
Nathan Thorn
August 20, 1944
Near Argentan, France

Vivian: Reminds me of the time we parachuted into Vercor. Ambushed that Gestapo patrol.

Crowley: You're just an old romantic.

He move up onto the ridge to see the train just arriving. It's absolutely massive.

Crowley: Alright, there's our target.

Pierson: You gotta give those Krauts some credit. Train's right on time.