Epilogue

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Officially, the Second World War lasted six years. Six long years. More than 70 million people, military and civilians, were killed. But with the combined effort of the Allies, Hitler's war machine was put to an end, and he himself put an end to his own life on April 30th, 1945.

Corporal Nathan Joseph Thorn returned to London. He fulfilled his promise of coming back to her. Nathan and Vivian Harris married three months after his return. Daniels and Stiles were able to make it to the wedding to watch their brother be married.

In the street, people celebrated the ending of the war for months. Nathan saw the side of war that most of this people celebrating would never see. Never understand.

A year after their marriage, Nathan was able to find where the little girl he met in Acchen was. Vivian and Nathan traveled to Germany and with a ton of paperwork filled, adopted Anna as their own. They had a son together as well. Nathan and Vivian decided that they were enough for them and lived happily in Paris.

A few years after the war, another one started. Korea. Nathan didn't re-up for the war like so many other veterans did. He had had enough of war. It was Stiles who told him the news. Sergeant Pierson was killed in action at the Battle of Bloody Ridge, August 18, 1951- September 5, 1951. Nathan was saddened at the news but knew that's we're Pierson belonged. He belonged in war. Nathan would tell his son and daughter stories of that crazy bastard and how he and his friends fought in the First.

Zussman made a full recovery and now lived in Chicago with his wife and one daughter. The prodigal son of Queens, Aiello, moved outside the city with his girlfriend and settled down. Stiles actually got that job working for Life Magazine, but when he takes off his glasses he still doesn't turn into Superman. Daniels is still in Longview, Texas, with his wife and his son.

Years went by as Nathan and his wife continued to grow old. Anna grew up to become a talented artist and even got a job at the renowned art school in Paris. Their son, Joseph, went on to become a famous actor. Vivian and Nathan kept growing older and happier. After almost fifty years of living happily in Paris, Vivian and Nathan moved to a quiet little town to retire in peace.

Nathan fought for peace. And he got it through sacrifice and determination. He would never forget the friends, the brothers he made in his time fighting in the Bloody 1st. And he would do it all over again if it meant he could have the life he lives now.

Nathan fought for peace. Peace at any price.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
A/N-

Thank you so much for reading this far if you have! This story was an absolute thrill to write and the ending made me sad. It didn't take long for me to actually finish the book. I wrote it all really quickly because I didn't want to lose any of my ideas.

So, you also enjoyed it as much as I did, please consider dropping a vote or a comment because I really do appreciate the feedback I get!

Thank you--